First Division Reserve Grade: UTS v Sydney University @ 12pm
    First Division Senior Grade: Sydney University v UTS @ 2.15pm

Sunday 3rd September @ Henson Park, Sydenham Rd, Marrickville
    Premier Division and U18 Preliminary Finals
    U18 Challenge Cup: Pennant Hills v Western Suburbs @ 9am
    U18 Premier Cup: Wollongong v North Shore Bombers @ 11am
    Premier Division Reserve Grade: East Coast Eagles v North Shore @ 1pm
    Premier Division Senior Grade: Western Suburbs v Pennant Hills @ 3pm

It's unfortunate that a clash with the Swans couldn't be avoided, but Henson Park wasn't available on Saturday. It'll be the first Swans' home game I've missed since 1997.
    On the positive side, the premier prelim finals don't clash with the 1st & 2nd Division grand finals. Hope to see a good rollup at Kelso on Saturday.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Saturday 2 September @ Kelso Oval, Henry Lawson Drive Panania
    First and Second Division Grand Finals
    Second Division: Nor West Jets v UNSW/ES Bulldogs @ 9.45am
    On the positive side, the premier prelim finals don't clash with the 1st & 2nd Division grand finals. Hope to see a good rollup at Kelso on Saturday. Thanks Norris,looking for a sizeable crowd for Div 1 & 2 at Kelso,not reaaly far from anywhere in Sydney with our wonderful motorways,come along and give the Jets support before they move back to Division 1.Also,some terrific footy is in store after us with Sydney Uni taking on the Bats in both grades, blistering pace,hard hits,sublime skills,its got it all.

Thanks for your support Woodsy,much appreciated.Its certainly going to be a long n hard road back up,but what we have this year,that we've lacked for the past 3-4 years,is a stable administration.For so long we've operated day to day,and when it happens that way,you cant see the future for your feet.So with some great helpers returning to bensons,things look good. Riverside Oaks are very keen to renew their association for next year and beyond,plus many other sponsors.An alliance with a Premier Div club is essential to any club IMO,and with East Coast moving out here 07-08,we would be mad not to try something. There is plaenty of anti-ECE sentiment in this froum,but it cant be denied,they are the best run club in Sydney if not the state.We'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by Pekay

come along and give the Jets support before they move back to Division 1
    Is there not two teams playing in your game ?

Originally posted by deadan
    Is there not two teams playing in your game ?
    You can support the Dogs if you want,i cant force you to support the Jets,and Dogs promotion is up to Philthy or Griff.But we have plenty of respect for the Dogs,they play great footy,i'm glad its 1 v 2.How you boys looking?

Originally posted by Woodsy
    Excuse my ignorance but will ECE play all their home games at Bensons Lane until the Kellyville ground is ready in 2009?
    That would be alright,not sure how a few things such as Sports Council and lack of boundary fence would affect it,but the surface is great,good facilities.Whats your thoughts there Oscar,as a hypothetical?

Senior Player
    You can support the Dogs if you want,i cant force you to support the Jets,and Dogs promotion is up to Philthy or Griff.But we have plenty of respect for the Dogs,they play great footy,i'm glad its 1 v 2.How you boys looking?
    The dogs promotion should be up the the AFL not the club. They took the easy way out by playing in 2nd Div instead of continuing in 1st div.

Pekay, our options are wide open. Despite everyone's best endeavours, Kellyville will not be ready for the 2007 football season, although it is expected cricket will debut at the ground in the summer of 2007/08.

Woodsy's 2009 date is 12 months off the mark, however ECE will require another season of playing all games at away grounds again, or securing a short term home ground arrangement somewhere.

Its going well mate, Paul is looking forward to seeing you... Our midfield has had a shake up but our back six are solid as usual. Stupid Syd AFL website gives us buckleys, but what would they know...

Lets just say we'll certainly kick more than one goal this time, and hopefully keep you guys to less that five. Bloody hell its a big ground!

Originally posted by tara
    The dogs promotion should be up the the AFL not the club. They took the easy way out by playing in 2nd Div instead of continuing in 1st div.
    WTF?

Senior Player
    Originally posted by deadan
    WTF?
    Pretty self explanitory isnt it. Merger with Easts provided sides in all three grades at the time from memory (pretty sure East played a thirds team and maybe two at one stage). Rather than accept mediocrity in 1st Div they pulled out and only decided to field two competitve sides in 2nd Div. Now that maybe an uninformed view of what happened but it is how it appears nonetheless to most other sides in 1st Div and 2nd Div. Now the AFL in its wisdom doesnt want stand alone clubs in 2nd div which could potentially spell the end for SWS, Parra, Penrith, StClair and Norwest (sorry Pekay) in the very short term if they cannot field two sides in 1st div. Yet clubs that do have the ability to field two sides can continue to play in the lesser comp. I would expect the AFL to tell Syd Uni if successfull on promotion to Premier Div that they must also now promote their 2nd Div sides to 1st Div and likewise for UTS should they ever get promoted to Premier div.

Senior Player
    Woodsy Im really not trying to have a dig at any clubs accross any div but just point out the inequallities that exist at present due to the mismanagement of our game by the governing body over the past decade. It is a shame that at a time of heightened popularity of our game in NSW the local competition is in decline.

PS glad to see we finally agree on something mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast