24. You may not vote on this poll
  • East Coast Eagles

16 66.67%
  • Pennant Hills

8 33.33%

Thread: Grand Final Fever

Almost Football Legend

Grand Final Fever

Should be a great day's footy at Henson on Saturday.

In previous seasons, on grand final day the order of the reserves and u18s have been reversed and the reserves have been played first. But with two under 18s comps this season, this year games will be played in the same order they have for the finals so far. Game times are:
    8.45am - U18 Challenge Cup: Balmain v Western Suburbs
    11am - U18 Premier Cup: Pennant Hills v North Shore Bombers
    1.15pm - Premier Division Reserve Grade: Pennant Hills v East Coast Eagles
    3.30pm - Premier Division Senior Grade: East Coast Eagles v Pennant Hills

The main game will be a Hills derby. Penno were impressive in defeating Wests last Sunday in the prelim final, but they've got a tough game against the undefeated and rested East Coast. I'm expecting a close contest, but I'll tip the Eagles just.

It promises to be a great game of footy, and hopefully there'll be a good crowd there.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Would love to see headline: "Pennant Hills Hoist Pennant"

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Y'know Saney, I don't pay a lot of attention to many of your 150 posts, but this one is gold.

Nice one.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

What if the oval is closed on saturday? Will the peole at the Sydney AFL HQ be able to cope with what could be a logistical nightmare?

Originally posted by william wallace
    What if the oval is closed on saturday? Will the peole at the Sydney AFL HQ be able to cope with what could be a logistical nightmare?
    hahaha oh man that would take the cake. Probaly come up with some complicated and pointless algorithm to award the premiership to the team with the most players with the letter A in their name.

I will be down early to cheer on the tiges.

I can definately see a monumental ballsup by the NSW AFL with the way this weather is. Let's hope that all games go ahead as scheduled - and everyone still gets out there to have a look.

Does the weather change anyone's predictions???

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by adnar
    hahaha oh man that would take the cake. Probaly come up with some complicated and pointless algorithm to award the premiership to the team with the most players with the letter A in their name.

Good call AdnAr
    I hear not what you say, for the thunder of who you are.

aka Mr Taxman
    It would be rather symbolic to see the lower grades cancelled on the weekend & replayed during the long weekend in June next year!

perhaps the games played v games washed out match ratio could be applied!!
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Almost Football Legend
    They'll be playing a rugby league game on the ground on the Friday night, so the ground could be a quagmire by Saturday. But I'd be surprised if the game was called off.
    Otherwise they'd have to work out some form of Duckworth-Lewis system to work out the premiers.

aka Mr Taxman
    Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    Duckworth-Lewis system to work out the premiers.
    I could just imagine them calling Billy Duckworth and Dale Lewis and asking for an explanation at 4pm on Saturday.

The DL system would have worked well for Wests as they haven't been able to bat out the 50 overs in the past 3 weeks.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Just got back from Henson, the ground is an absolute quagmire. Good stuff.

Balmain beat Wests by 5 points in the U 18s Challenge cup, Mick Parker snapping a goal from 50 with 20 seconds to go to win it.

Almost Football Legend
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    Sanecow, for those who have been waiting 72 hours to see the Pennant Hills / Demons grand final triumph article,
    HERE IT IS!!!

Pennant Hills Hoist Pennant

(the article uploading system seems to have some bug in it, so in the interim I'm hosting this article on one of my Geocities sites - if you can't get on straight away keep trying).