Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans no injury secret revealed

Originally posted by anniswan
    but now NMWBloods will lay off me when I say that our club has the best conditioning in the league thats why our injuries are low.
    Maybe you should read what I write. I've always agreed that our conditioning staff has done a great job, which is why our soft tissue injuries are so low. The article confirms that:

"his club's system was so successful that no player had sustained a muscle injury such as a hamstring or calf tear for more than a year."

"We have a very good record of not getting any muscle injuries"

"He refused to say exactly what the benefits had been but believes it will help to reduce soft tissue injuries"

None of that helps significantly with all the other injuries I mentioned last time this was discussed, such as broken bones, shoulders, knees, etc.

Even Ireland recognises the luck:

"For all the hi-tech data analysis and millions of dollars spent, Ireland still believes luck plays a part"
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by swantastic
    Terry Wallace=F@$KWIT.
    What a stupid comment!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    What a stupid comment!
    We all make stupid comments,even you NMW but its MO and i will stand by what i said.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by tawfiq
    according to terry wallace, it also has alot to with our game style, that is the many stoppages result in less running and less muscle injuries
    It's an interesting theory. Although we have far more tackling, the speed of the impacts are slower and I can see how this "might" reduce the danger from a collision injury.

I'm not so sure that our game style alone would reduce our muscle injuries though. We do actually run a helluva lot. Our game style demands accountability, and to break free of the pack requires constant movement and player rotation.

We all make stupid comments,even you NMW but its MO and i will stand by what i said.
    Nah-uhhh.....

I've never made a stupid comment.... EVER

"D
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    Interesting thing is that filling out "Wellness sheets" a.k.a RPE Scale, is not new - it must be how they analyse the data and what they do with it thats revolutionised the swans medical system.
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

Originally posted by LittleSchneider
    Interesting thing is that filling out "Wellness sheets" a.k.a RPE Scale, is not new - it must be how they analyse the data and what they do with it thats revolutionised the swans medical system.
    Every player has to fill out a WS after each game.They have to inform the club doctors of every niggle they felt through out the game,so to alert the medical staff of any problem.So they can address it promtly and fix the problem.It is very insightful to go through the medical,rehab and gym rooms at the SCG to see how they work.IMO the Swans are a very very through club when it comes to the afore mentioned things most likly the best in the AFL/All Sports in the country.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    Every player has to fill out a WS after each game.They have to inform the club doctors of every niggle they felt through out the game,so to alert the medical staff of any problem.So they can address it promtly and fix the problem.It is very insightful to go through the medical,rehab and gym rooms at the SCG to see how they work.IMO the Swans are a very very through club when it comes to the afore mentioned things most likly the best in the AFL/All Sports in the country.
    Yes I know this - this idea is not a new one and sydney is not the only sporting outfit to use it. What I would like to know is the information and data they get from these sheets and how it is used. Thats the key - not necessairly filling out forms
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

Even St Kilda fill out forms after games and look at their injuries.

Remember when they went to the movies instead of training because, as a group, they were tired? They subsequently lost their first game of the year (against us) and were pasted for not training.
    Last edited by Claret; 9th September 2006 at 05:08 PM.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Claret
    Even St Kilda fill out forms after games and look at their injuries.

Remember when they went to the movies instead of training because, as a group, they were tired? They subsequently lost their first game of the year (against us) and were pasted for not training.
    The Saints have made it to various stages in the finals in the last 3 years, and have been in front at 3 qtr time in all 3 games, only to lose.

Originally posted by ScottH
    The Saints have made it to various stages in the finals in the last 3 years, and have been in front at 3 qtr time in all 3 games, only to lose.
    My point exactly
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Originally posted by LittleSchneider
    Yes I know this - this idea is not a new one and sydney is not the only sporting outfit to use it. What I would like to know is the information and data they get from these sheets and how it is used. Thats the key - not necessairly filling out forms
    Your right the key is not filling out the forms but how they analize the data.From what iv'e been told with each niggle or injury, that influences what they do in the gym and rehab room inbetween games.Therefore if it is a hammy they spend extra time on that that hammy,weather it be massage,stretching or extra weight work,or in some cases a little extra rest time.IMO the Swans are the leaders in the AFL for this type of thing,it just goes to show it is working because of our injury rate.
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12