Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we have to have a Semi Final Info

If we have to have a Semi Final Info

Just got this from the Club

FINALS INFORMATION

WEEK 2
    Should the Sydney Swans be defeated by West Coast this weekend, they will host a Semi Final at Telstra Stadium on Saturday 16 September, time TBA.

Match Date: Saturday 16 September, time TBA
    Ticketing Agent: Ticketek
    Tickets will be available to Members of both the Sydney Swans and the other competing team and AFL Members with a competing Club support from Monday 11 September, 12.00 noon EST until Tuesday 12 September, 12.00 noon EST.

Members can purchase tickets from the Sydney Swans Member ticket allocation via the following means:
    Phone Ticketek on 132 849
    Ticketek Agency - visit www.ticketek.com.au for a full list of agencies
    No on-line sale
    Membership cards and concession ID will be required at point of purchase and collection. Members may be able to purchase more than one (1) ticket per member. This will be announced on Sunday 10 September from 6.30pm at www.afl.com.au and www.sydneyswans.com.au.

BUS TRIP TO SYDNEY
    There will be a bus trip to Sydney for Swans supporters wishing to see the team play. The trip will be $190 and include return bus transfers - departs Melbourne Friday night, departs Sydney Sunday morning, arriving in Melbourne on Sunday night), twin share accommodation at vibe Hotel Goulburn Street and transfers to the game. To make a booking please call the Melbourne Office on Monday morning. It is your responsibility to get your own ticket to the game.

WEEK 3
    Should the Sydney Swans win this weekend, they will host a Sydney based Preliminary Final on either Friday 22 September or Saturday 23 September, time TBA.

Match Date: Friday 22 September or Saturday 23 September, time TBA
    Ticketing Agent: Ticketek
    Tickets will be available to Members of the Sydney Swans and AFL Members with Sydney Swans Club support from Wednesday 13th September, 9.00am EST until Thursday 14th September, 9.00pm.

Members can purchase tickets from the Sydney Swans Member ticket allocation via the following means:
    Phone Ticketek on 132 849
    Ticketek Agency - visit www.ticketek.com.au for a full list of agencies
    No on-line sale
    Membership cards and concession ID will be required at point of purchase and collection. Members may be able to purchase more than one (1) ticket per member. This will be announced on www.afl.com.au and www.sydneyswans.com.au before tickets go on sale.

BUS TRIP TO SYDNEY
    There will be a bus trip to Sydney for Swans supporters wishing to see the team play. The trip will be $190 and include return bus transfers - departs Melbourne Thursday or Friday night (depending on game day), twin share accommodation at vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay and transfers to the game. To make a booking please call the Melbourne Office on Monday morning. It is your responsibility to get your own ticket to the game.

CHEERSQUAD MEMBERS

Melbourne based Cheer Squad Members, should contact the Sydney Swans Melbourne Office on 03 9682 4333 between 8.30am & 5.00pm on Monday 11 September to purchase a ticket to either the Semi or Preliminary Final.

GRAND FINAL TICKETING INFORMATION
    Information in regards to potential Grand Final Ticketing arrangements will be circulated to all Members via post, email and website on Monday 11 September.

Re: If we have to have a Semi Final Info

Originally posted by anniswan
    Just got this from the Club

Tickets will be available to Members of both the Sydney Swans and the other competing team and AFL Members with a competing Club support from Monday 11 September, 12.00 noon EST until Tuesday 12 September, 12.00 noon EST.
    Sure as hell makes waking up at 5am and lining up for tickets at Ticketek difficult.

Forget trying to phone in ... we were doing it from the queue last year and never got through.

What are we supposed to do ... line up at 6am for tickets that go on sale at 12pm. Instead of an hour or so off work, that's a whole bloody morning.

The boss ain't gunna like that ... he'll let me do it (like he's got a choice!), but he's not gunna like it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Living in 2005

Re: Re: If we have to have a Semi Final Info

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    Sure as hell makes waking up at 5am and lining up for tickets at Ticketek difficult.

Forget trying to phone in ... we were doing it from the queue last year and never got through.

What are we supposed to do ... line up at 6am for tickets that go on sale at 12pm. Instead of an hour or so off work, that's a whole bloody morning.

The boss ain't gunna like that ... he'll let me do it (like he's got a choice!), but he's not gunna like it.
    If it is at Telstra Stadium, it is hardly going to be stressful. 80,000 seat stadium.

Re: Re: Re: If we have to have a Semi Final Info

Originally posted by Damien
    If it is at Telstra Stadium, it is hardly going to be stressful. 80,000 seat stadium.
    It's all about the experience.
    It's about getting up early, putting on your colours and lining up for your tickets.
    It's about getting into that line with other, fanatical, dedicated swans fans and spinning footy bull@@@@ for four hours (not an awful lot of "man on the street" AFL footy talk in Sydney ... you gotta enjoy it while it's there).
    It's about getting your reserved H&A seat.
    It's about kissing the tickets, dancing a jig, and praising the lord on high once they're in your hot little hands.
    It's all about the experience ... that's what finals footy is about.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Re: If we have to have a Semi Final Info

It's all about the experience.
    It's about getting up early, putting on your colours and lining up for your tickets.
    It's about getting into that line with other, fanatical, dedicated swans fans and spinning footy bull@@@@ for four hours (not an awful lot of "man on the street" AFL footy talk in Sydney ... you gotta enjoy it while it's there).
    It's about getting your reserved H&A seat.
    It's about kissing the tickets, dancing a jig, and praising the lord on high once they're in your hot little hands.
    It's all about the experience ... that's what finals footy is about.
    Well why whinge in your first post

The 12 noon start to selling tickets for the week 2 is a bit of a mystery. I know for this weeks games (for Freo and the Budgies at least) the late start was because an hour was allocated for their premium members (Harbourmasters - I love that) to get their tickets first. Doesn't apply here because our club pulls the prime seats as a block for Redbacks etc. The only other reason I can think of is that there is a rock concert going on sale at 9.00am (Muse, whoever they are) and they want to avoid an unruly scrum.
    Last edited by Old Royboy; 7th September 2006 at 05:59 PM.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Be more positive!!

Tickets for the home PF go on sale at 9am so you (and your boss) have nothing to worry about!

Senior Player
    I rang from the queue and was very lucky to get through and get tickets BUT I know I was lucky especially as I also nearly ran out of money on my mobile - now that was bad planning on my part.

Bring a friend, because you will be the only one lining up at 5am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If we have to have a Semi Final Info

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Well why whinge in your first post
    I wasn't whinging ... sorry if it sounded like that.
    I LOVE lining up for my tickets. It's all part of a september experience. It's what we wait six months for.
    I just think that selling tickets at 12.00 pm SUCKS.

Re: Re: Re: If we have to have a Semi Final Info

Originally posted by Captain
    Bring a friend, because you will be the only one lining up at 5am

Actually, by 5am last year, I was fourth in the line.

double vodka lemon pls

Wink

so you are saying there are more idiots like you out there
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast