Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Richards (Post-QF Thread)

Dramatic improvement over the 2nd half of the year. Another case of player empowerment and finding great match-ups by the coaching staff. I don't think he'll ever be up to taking the opposition's best forward, but certainly capable of holding his own against the 3rd or 4th option. Still needs to improve on his decision making ability.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I suspect Ted is one of those people (there are a lot of us around) who function better in a supportive environment than in a critical one. As one RWOer's sig used to say, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. He has blossomed in the last two months or so, reads the play well, takes a good mark, increasingly prepared to get his body into the contest and his kicking has improved a couple of notches. A Bloods transfusion has done him the world of good.
    And I wonder what Sheeds makes of this, because I bet it isn't lost on him. How nice to get one back after being dudded by the old fox in time past.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I take back what i said about Ted too,he was great last night hopefuly he will get even better.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

i think teddy also won me over last night - brilliant! not once did i scream at the tv teddy to the troy luff stand!
    BLT. BOG.

Originally posted by swantastic
    I take back what i said about Ted too,he was great last night hopefuly he will get even better.
    he should be used as Hunter from West coast (from defence to forward), drift into forward at the right time to mark & kick 1-2 goals. Hunter has caused a turn around in momemtum often in us V West Coast, almost did it again yesterday.
    In the same note, the stronger LRT should be trained to do just that. He becomes more complete contributor. He would need to train ALOT more in accurate kicking to achieve this goal.
    In every non-final games, both should be given some opportunities to sharpen their skill in this defence to attack positioning.
    Last edited by smartplay; 10th September 2006 at 05:12 PM.

Fantastic game by Teddy. Stood up when it counted.

He will only improve as well, so exciting times ahead.

SuperTed played great last night. Definitely his best game in the red and white. Good on him.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Football Terrorist
    Originally posted by Bart
    Looked all class tonight.
    He did really well. I was impressed with him against Carlton as well.
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

On the Rookie List
    Having another tall defender in Ted is one of the improvements over last year. The melbourne triple MMM coverage called him the barometer too !!!!
    www.fuselive.com.au

On the Rookie List
    Imagine Ted would be happy with the way things have gone. 33 games for the Bombers in how many years? He's played 20 games this season and is guaranteed a place in a Preliminary Final side, while his old mates finished bottom. If he'd stayed at Essendon I remember Sheedy saying he would have "limited opportunities." Makes you wonder about his coaching 'cos Ted has been a big improver, as evidenced by this thread where people who were knocking him are now praising him. Funny game football....
    lachlanc

Draft Scout
    Originally posted by lachlanc
    Imagine Ted would be happy with the way things have gone. 33 games for the Bombers in how many years? He's played 20 games this season and is guaranteed a place in a Preliminary Final side, while his old mates finished bottom. If he'd stayed at Essendon I remember Sheedy saying he would have "limited opportunities." Makes you wonder about his coaching 'cos Ted has been a big improver, as evidenced by this thread where people who were knocking him are now praising him. Funny game football....

Better to have Ted than Dean Solomon at HB hey Kevin...haha

Oh and for all those who knocked the ted pick up, please raise your hand, it's all well praising him now, but you were wrong!

p.s. For the record, I've always agreed on Chambers, but not part of the anti Matthews club! (despite lacking fitness through injury)
    Staying ahead of the game...

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Yep I was pretty impressed by Teddy on Sat! I'm still waiting for a bit more long-term consistency but I really think he can do it now, whereas earlier in the season I was still doubtful. Like others have said, he has started really reading the play better, and has been able to position himself so much more appropriately, which is what we need! So fingers crossed for him and bring on the prelim final!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast