Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Richards (Post-QF Thread)

Ted Richards

This bloke is just starting to reveal his ability. He must have been really stuffed around at Essendon. His confidence was obviously down and his attack on the footy. It has been a blossoming.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

The next LRT ? (Near Norm Smith in the GF)

Richards has always been a good mark. His problem earlier in the season seemed to be mainly fading out of games and poor kicking. He played a good game right through tonight.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Looked all class tonight.

On the rise
    Has barely put a foot wrong since he came back into the side. Nice to see him well in contests as well as playing the spare man.

Has really stepped it up in the past 6 weeks. Seems to be reading the play alot better and is a lot more confident to drift off his man and help out a teammate when the ball is coming in.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Up the mighty swannies!!!
    I for one didnt know why the Swannies recruited him.......but honestly after seeing him play in the last couple of games..........he is sensational. On more than one occassion he took a goal saving mark. Good on him I say!!!!!!!!

The 'physical toughness' aspect of the game is always easier to judge in person than on TV; but that said, he seemed to throw himself into contests with more physical commitment tonight, as well. (Lack of hardness at the contest been the recurrent theme of those who say 'he'll never make it'.) Another thing that's hard to judge on TV is how well a player reads the game, but he was right in the 'hot spot' far more often than not.

While he might start the game on the bench, he's a million miles from getting dropped on current form. Has come a huge distance in about 6 or 7 weeks.

On the Rookie List BigBadBarryNo1's Avatar
    When on-song, is marking has always been the best aspect of his game. His disposal etc have improved over the year, and he's shown his stuff this year.
    Fan since 95'. Member since 02'. Big Bad Bustling Barry No1 Swans Mad Fan in a St George Mad Town. Right Colours, Right Code

In the last 4-6 weeks Richards has become one of our best defenders. I take back any criticism I had of him earlier in the year. Its a pity Chambers didnt also find such form as the season progressed. You win some, you lose some.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Regular in the Side
    I'm still a bit suspicious...not quite a "Tedite"...but well done Ted.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I had fears he may not of been able to step up into a tight finals situation but man he absolutely proved me wrong today!!! SuperTed!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast