Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Barry Hall

Finally bitchslapped Darren Glass. Great effort playing injured.

bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar

Re: Barry Hall

Originally posted by ugg
    Finally bitchslapped Darren Glass. Great effort playing injured.
    Hall had an awesome match, finally had the upper hand against Glass. I knew he would step up a level during finals!

Go Bazza!!
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    As the pre-match commentary said... "He has just been waiting for the finals"
    Our Greatest Moment:

Saturday, 24th Sept, 2005 - 5:13pm

He did really well even though he was sort of injured. He and O'Loughlin were great.
    My Pokemon brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "Wanna trade cards?"
    "Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I can beat you, I've got Charizard!"

Was a bit disappointing early. Did some good things but did some poor ones too.

Managed to get on top in the second quarter and kicked that superb goal.

Was struggling in the third and I thought he was gone.

Fortunately Glass was injured and slowed up, while Hall had a second win and was great in the last quarter.

Considering his opponent and his injuries, he had a fantastic game.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Hall can be well beaten by the best defenders (Glass, Scarlet). But put him against a lesser defender, or an injured one, and he dominates.

As always, delivery and space means a lot.

On the rise
    Great game - the reason we won. Compensated for his two early misses with that goal on half time.

Looked like his injury was a corkie. Seemed like he was really struggling, but I guess he just ran it out. And Glass' injury obviously helped too.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Baz really is a class act. Indifferent form over the last couple of weeks turned into gamebreaking form tonight. Nobody on the ground works harder.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Lots of spilt marks, got outpositioned and outmaneuvered plenty of times, and had a couple of lousy shots at goal.

Hence my complete astonishment when the game summary flashed up on screen, and I realised he'd booted 5 goals. Absolutely the #1 forward in our team, and is vital to our setup even when he (appears) is having a dog of a day.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Originally posted by desredandwhite
    Lots of spilt marks, got outpositioned and outmaneuvered plenty of times, and had a couple of lousy shots at goal.

Hence my complete astonishment when the game summary flashed up on screen, and I realised he'd booted 5 goals. Absolutely the #1 forward in our team, and is vital to our setup even when he (appears) is having a dog of a day.
    How good is he going to be with the weeks rest. Expect him to absolutely explode in the Prelim.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Came back well and made Glass's injury really show.

I actually thought Hall's injury helped us - it kept him playing closer to goal which is what we needed from him - possessions on centre wing at Subi are a heck of a long way further away from goal than at the SCG, and we needed him inside 50 as much as possible.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Pushing for Selection
    Just got home from the game(oh so happy) he had to put up with a lot of poor delivery again but showed what a valuable player he is for our team, he was brilliant when he got the ball and the Beagles fans hated him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast