Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy Cook: Why did we let him go?

Hard at it, good aerobic capacity, knows where to be to get the ball. However, his disposal is pretty terrible. He wouldn't fit into our team on that one fault alone.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

I think in all the hoopla over Plugger kicking the record in 1999, many forget how mediocre that year really was for us.

Was Troy unlucky? Maybe. But he'd been given a shot. And changes did have to be made.

Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
    Hard at it, good aerobic capacity, knows where to be to get the ball. However, his disposal is pretty terrible.
    If you're referring to disposal by foot, that sounds a lot like Brett Kirk.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    I don't think he was that great a loss in terms of ability, but I liked him a lot. I am always happy to see him playing well. (Friday excluded)
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Originally posted by Mike_B
    If you're referring to disposal by foot, that sounds a lot like Brett Kirk.
    No comment.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Regular in the Side
    He looked good on the Ella Bache poster that was all over Sydney at one stage.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Sometimes you lose players who end up doing well for another club. It was the right decision at the time to let him go, and it's taken him a long time to reach the level he has now. Even as recently as earlier this season he was dropped. Good luck to him for his current run of form but I don't think we need to start wishing we still had him.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Suspended by the MRP
    im still a big fan of troys and like many swans fans still follow his progress,

give him a cheer friday night if you can.

Originally posted by ScottH
    Then we got Schauble for #34 and Mark Kinnear.
    I believe Schauble is in germany. Ah where is Cupcake these days?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Doctor
    it's taken him a long time to reach the level he has now.
    Really? I seem to recall he won their B & F not long after joining them. He also held the record for most consecutive games for Freo, and gone on to play well over 150 games. Suggests a consistently good player to me.

He was a favourite of mine while at the Swans. His hip and shoulders were Pickettesque. Too many midfielders at the time and he drew the short straw.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Draft Scout
    Cook was a fill in player at best. Only asset was his tackling and pressure. It would have been a call between him and Kirk (Who was not great at the time)

My call is GOOD CALL!
    Staying ahead of the game...

Regular in the Side
    Both Kirk and Cook had won a B&F, so they can hardly be called fringe players. However Cook's bash and crash style will have contributed to a shortening of his best years. He has plenty to be proud of in his career IMO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast