Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Troy Cook: Why did we let him go?

On the Rookie List
    I liked Cookie. He was a real hard nut and I remember at the time being glad that he was going if only for the reason that he would get far more opportunities at Freo than he was getting at the Swans. And I always think of him as a former Swan who probably would have gladly stayed had he been given more game time. For mine he's in a different category to, say, A.Rocca who couldn't bear to stay.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

On the Rookie List
    Troy Cook
    plays very well in losing sides sure its great to have but players like him dont win games of footy

Nick Davis
    plays very bad a lot winning sides losing sides BUT can win games of footy last year was really his flag in a way we had to get past geelong the rest is history

so cook my pick up a vote in alosing side

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NTH DENI SWAN
    Troy Cook
    plays very well in losing sides sure its great to have but players like him dont win games of footy

Nick Davis
    plays very bad a lot winning sides losing sides BUT can win games of footy last year was really his flag in a way we had to get past geelong the rest is history

so cook my pick up a vote in alosing side
    Is it just me?

Veterans List
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Is it just me?
    Well, originally I thought it was, but now I'm beginning to wonder...

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Bas
    I believe Schauble is in germany. Ah where is Cupcake these days?
    I passed Andrew Schauble after the Italy-Australia match in Kaiserslautern. He was wearing a Socceroo shirt and was very depressed. I was wearing a Socceroo shirt and was feeling even worse than him.

His is of German extraction. More than likely from the Stuttgart area, as "Sch?uble" sounds very Swabian.

JF

PS:- Getting back to Cookie, I heard that the Swans felt he went astray because he was good friends and housemates with continuous party boy Adam Heuskes.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Is it just me?
    I couldn't understand a word
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    He looked good on the Ella Bache poster that was all over Sydney at one stage.
    Blast from the past.. But can anyone remember the other two "members" on the billboard with Troy Cook?
    C'mon Chels!

Was Matthew Nicks one and Micky O another?

There were five.

Matty Nicks, Micky O, Cookie, Cressa and Snapper (Brad Seymour) - won a tshirt with the Ella Bache add on it......

As a side issue, Troy Cook had the best pecs by a country mile.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    There were five.

Matty Nicks, Micky O, Cookie, Cressa and Snapper (Brad Seymour) - won a tshirt with the Ella Bache add on it......

As a side issue, Troy Cook had the best pecs by a country mile.
    There's actually a signed poster on Ebay at the moment. $0.99 starting and $12.50 postage.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I lived in Sydney in the mid to late 1990's I got to be close to Micky O, Matty Nicks and Simon Arnott, They shared a flat in kensington. Their fridge didnt work so when they offered me a beer they opened up the oven to get me one! I still laugh today thinking about it. Micky O loved his NBA basketball and loved collecting basketball cards. Those three were inseparable. I remember when Micky intoduced me to a young Adam Goodes and Troy Cook in later years. Top guys all of them. I watched Troy play his first senior game at the SCG and his first possession was taking a screamer in the goal square. I looked at other members in our seats and we all thought we have a good player here......and just as we were all thinking it...he shanks the kick from 10 metres directly in front for a point. A top guy, top team mate, a real goer but unfortunately lacked some kicking skills.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and a young, shy kid called Adam Goodes went on to have some career. Micky O took him under his wing from day 1. Micky was very shy when we recruited him but his early love and leadership for his brothers was there for all to see in his early years. Thank you Ron Joseph for spotting this kid at Central Districts Reserves before he played any senior football.

Love ya Mick.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234