Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: west coast next week ...

Waters had a massive first half and was cramping pretty bad late

came back on in the last minute I believe and was walking fine after the game as well

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Unhappy

Originally posted by westernswan
    The chardonnay sippers will venture east this weekend, i can hear the corks popping from the most fickle fairweathered fans in Australian sporting culture...thats right the eagles
    No offence Luke, but after the cocktal party atmosphere of last night, can you honestly say that any more?

As much as we both hate them mate, the atmosphere at Subi 3 weeks ago was 1000% better than what was provided last night.

I have tried EVERYTHING to try and change this culture of apathy and not-being involved in proceedings. But it is just impossible. Somebody else can try in future; it is just too hard for me any more.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    No offence Luke, but after the cocktal party atmosphere of last night, can you honestly say that any more?

As much as we both hate them mate, the atmosphere at Subi 3 weeks ago was 1000% better than what was provided last night.

I have tried EVERYTHING to try and change this culture of apathy and not-being involved in proceedings. But it is just impossible. Somebody else can try in future; it is just too hard for me any more.

JF
    Of all the things I could say in response, there is one comment I will make. I agree re the atmosphere. Shizen!

On the Rookie List
    Wow.

We meet again, same time, same place.

Bring it on.
    BluenGold

WC will be on their 2nd week of travel (and travel from Perth is long) for the grand final.

This is the best result for us. 2nd week of travel was a huge issue raised by Brisbane, and you only have to think of the last time we did it (the loss to Geelong) to see the effect.

Blog Entries
    And because it is GF week, it won't be a normal week either - Monday night Brownlow, Friday Parade etc ... added to a second cross nullarbor flight in a week - I wish them luck, but not as much as our Bloods ...

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    JUST WIN BLOODS JUST WIN! I KNOW WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Of all the things I could say in response, there is one comment I will make. I agree re the atmosphere. Shizen!
    One thing is different, the GF is in Melbourne the home of sport and the birth of the Aussie supporter. We will lift the Swans supporter game, once gain.

Doesn't matter who we play really. The Eagles were a 1.5 goal better than an Adelaide side suspect with injury. The Eagles have had the wood on Adelaide for some time. They have to travel a lot further than us. Ours is like a short drive to the country.

What we have to do is "come to play" and make them work their butts off early and test their indurance.

They might have a their "better" side in but by gee we are a 6 goal better side than a month ago.

Veteran Site Admin
    Both teams will go into the game knowing they are capable of beating the other. Should make for yet another cracking installment in the Swans-Eagles saga.

West Coast's midfield is probably in slightly better form than it was a year ago. But I believe our forward line is too. Hall is on fire and Micky's yips seem reasonably under control.

Bring it on!

We would surely be a 3-4 goal better side at the G than at Subi.

The Swans seem ready to explode with our key forwards on fire - watch out Weagles scum.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    And Ryan O'Keefe is now dominating games like never before. He is the machine.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

JF
    Some simple explinations for that julian:

: no hatred nor rivalry with fremantle, i think most swans fans felt sympathetic towards freo for having to put up with the eagles and thus menaing there was no real passion n the viens of our fans.

: bandwagoners(in a thugby league state) whenever u get those nrl converts on board you can be assured there only making up numbers and not noise

: playing at telstra. When you only 3/4 fill a stadium in which where there are minimal away fans to banter with you'll find theres alack of atmosphere.

all in all playing at the scg would have being better for us, but if we played any team bar freo/port we would have nudged just under 75,000

p.s. tixs r proving hell julian, doubt ill cya there
    2004 - SUBIACO
    2005 - SYDNEY
    2006 - SUBIACO
    2007 - ?????

* Perth Glory till i die *

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast