Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: west coast next week ...

Originally posted by Go Swannies
    Funny how the Crows just fell of their men after 1/2 time.
    More like funny how the E-Girls always seem to be so full of energy after 1/2 time. They must have some good pick-me-up...
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

On the Rookie List
    Dave, my sentiments exactly...

There have been several games over the last couple of seasons where West Coast have looked flat and out of the game in the first half, only to run out after half time as fresh as the proverbial daisies. Very strange - should the AFL consider more random testing of teams, especially during the finals?

Originally posted by Specs
    Dave, my sentiments exactly...

There have been several games over the last couple of seasons where West Coast have looked flat and out of the game in the first half, only to run out after half time as fresh as the proverbial daisies. Very strange - should the AFL consider more random testing of teams, especially during the finals?
    Woosha did seem very upbeat after their win. Maybe he just had a shipment of "supplies" clear customs so he knows he'll be right for next week.

I wonder how many 3rd quarters they have won over the last 2 years?
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

On the Rookie List
    Interesting question - I'd like to know the answer?

Worsfold's an intelligent man - isn't he a coach AND a chemist?
    oh...
    ROOSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DEMETRIOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Specs; 24th September 2006 at 09:43 PM.

You mean pharmacist. BTW, he ain't working at my pharmacy (not that I own one, but I do work in one)...
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

oh...
    ROOSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DEMETRIOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just took the liberty of checking out this year's 3rd quarters and they won 16 out of 25 of them (including finals). That's 64%.
    That may not be too much to get whipped up about but in a lot of the games they were fairly even to half time.

I'd love for Cousins to have a wee little test (pardon the pun) That guy is just too cut for normal weight training...
    (As is Tarrant IMO)

Last edited by smartplay; 24th September 2006 at 11:38 PM.

Originally posted by liz
    But I believe our forward line is too. Hall is on fire and Micky's yips seem reasonably under control.

Bring it on!

Halls surpised strong pack mark with knee on the opponent back (Vs Freo) is simply great, inspiring for teammates. His simple knee action with his body weight simply gave him half metre overhead space to mark cleanly.
    So simple & so deadly.

If he can get 2-3 goals through this overhead pack marks together with his ever very reliable running forward leading marks with accurate goal kicking and centre forward marking , then he will quite complete package for the final. makes winning 15% easier.

Someone should tell micky - it's ok to get aggro again. Just dont punch anyone. Think of the three amigos at Subi.
    Do it again & be a greater monster this time when celeberating goal as OKeefe did (Vs Freo). show your emotion to pump up your mates. Suddenly our yips feeling on your yips are all dissipated. Your kicks are a straight line between two points - great to watch.

Just edit it mate...
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by Dave
    More like funny how the E-Girls always seem to be so full of energy after 1/2 time. They must have some good pick-me-up...
    i think they are just that much more fit than most teams and so recover better in the half-time break.
    then again, i think it would be worth trying 15-16 players on field so what would i know

Originally posted by alison.z

I HATE HUNTER
    Hunter poses a danger again to us from Eagle Vs Adelaide game.
    Controlling him will be a great step to holding the cup.

Strategies to beat this danger guy:
    1) tire him when ever possible - lead him from away from forward whenever possible
    2)If I read his play correctly, he likes to jump from the side of the ball trajectory (adjacent to the ball trajectory) to gain maximum height advantage combined with mobility; he gets less success in packed mark situation when the ball fall from overheads.
    Perhaps our defenders do the same to defend - running from the side to gain height advantage against him as well with double tag front & back defenders on him.
    3) LRT to bump him hard a few times over the 3rd & 4th quarters to shake him up abit.

cut him off in marks & goals - we cut Eagles major goal avenues.

Originally posted by hammo

When he(Hunter) goes forward we should play B2 on his so he doesn't kick his normal 2 or 3 goals.
    Agree, someone to watch this danger guy closely. Perhaps Ted spare man defence or Goodes running back defence should pay extra attenton of Hunter farward positioning when he goes forward.

At present, Eagles are relying on this guy to gain 1% edge advantage. They did it too well in Egales Vs Adealaide - Hunter kicking 4 goals(?)

Their Hunter cards are on table for all to see in past games.
    We should force them to reshuffle their Hunter cards to irelevance. Then they will be confused. It will be too late for to get new card in order by the 4th quarter.
    Last edited by smartplay; 24th September 2006 at 11:38 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345