Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: As a West Coast Fan, I have to say...

Suspended by the MRP
    Originally posted by dendol
    I dont believe any sydney-based swans supporter needs to thank any melbourne-based swans supporter for sharing anything. Its OUR team - we didnt loan anything from anyone!
    Then why do you refer to yourselves as the 'Bloods" and have every Victorian going for you because of the South Melbourne link? You can't deny it...Sadly, you're just South Melbourne based in Sydney - at least that's what the Vics will tell you.

Originally posted by WestCoast1
    Then why do you refer to yourselves as the 'Bloods" and have every Victorian going for you because of the South Melbourne link? You can't deny it...Sadly, you're just South Melbourne based in Sydney - at least that's what the Vics will tell you.
    The Vics (meaning the fans of the other Victorian teams) shouldn't throw stones into glass houses. Any one of them at any time could face the fact that their either going to have to move or merge to survive. Victoria can't handle that many teams for too much longer ... and there'll end up being more losers than winners. (Now, we'd ALL like to see that!!)

The SMFC had no choice ... either move to Sydney or leave the VFL. Thank God they chose the former.

I love the fact that we really are (certainly, IMO, cemented by last years GF win) ... two cities, one team, one dream. Going down to South Melbourne on the Sunday morning after the GF last year, and talking to old "SMFC" fans with tears in their eyes was far more moving to me than the actual "win". It was priceless.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

The players refer to themselves as the Bloods - its both a link to our heritage and also a term to describe the way we play.

The Victorian media was desperate for some form of Vic representation in last year's GF and made the obvious link. It was great to pay tribute to our past and clearly the win meant alot to many people who grew up barracking for South. There were some 60+ year old men crying their eyes out when the siren went last September. Yes, the old South Melbourne will never be forgotten, but we dont need to think of it as "us" and "them" anymore.

Then why do you refer to yourselves as the 'Bloods"
    Better than referring to ourselves as the Hungry Jacks, SGIO, Messages on Hold, or what ever the lastest sponsor is.

Its called club history and culture. Something you aint got, and because you haven't got it, you will never understand anyone who has.

You bastards should get sent to Iceland for mentioning SMFC.

Originally posted by Sanecow
    You bastards should get sent to Iceland for mentioning SMFC.
    Geez Cow ... it's colder than Melbourne there ... give us a break!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Sadly, that is what you (and the media) would like you to believe. News for you is that the Swans, Bloods, have been in Sydney probably for longer than you have been on Earth. The rise in ranks of members and followers that cannot recall the team ever being in Melbourne, other than by people like you and the media, is growing by the year. That is growth.
    Very soon, people like me that supported South Melbourne, will be in the minority, if we aren't already. That still, at this moment, leaves a Sydney team with a 10,000 strong Victorian Membership. If that is all Victorians, then we have some room in this state. Between you and me, Saints and Bomber supporters would not be going for the Swans - truth be known, they probably don't give a damn.

How about giving the tired and old "You are really South Melbourne playing out of Sydney" a rest - the umbillical cord was cut over 25 years ago - But just because they were moved doesn't mean they have to start again, afresh - there is no sense in losing your history and heritage.

You, as in Eagles, from memory, were not an existing team - You were a new team - You have nowhere near the history and heritage - Though you can see it, you cannot understand it.

If you have nothing better to do than make the above statement - I, as a Victorian member of the Sydney Swans, solemnly declare that I barrack for a NSW AFL team based in Sydney - and I am very happy doing so and will be till the day I draw my last breath.

That makes at least one Victorian that makes a mockery of your failing logic.

Two of us actually Frog, thing is this troll has no better lines than what he came out with.

BTW where is the suburb or town called West Coast?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Suspended by the MRP
    Originally posted by Frog
    Sadly, that is what you (and the media) would like you to believe. News for you is that the Swans, Bloods, have been in Sydney probably for longer than you have been on Earth. The rise in ranks of members and followers that cannot recall the team ever being in Melbourne, other than by people like you and the media, is growing by the year. That is growth.
    Very soon, people like me that supported South Melbourne, will be in the minority, if we aren't already. That still, at this moment, leaves a Sydney team with a 10,000 strong Victorian Membership. If that is all Victorians, then we have some room in this state. Between you and me, Saints and Bomber supporters would not be going for the Swans - truth be known, they probably don't give a damn.

How about giving the tired and old "You are really South Melbourne playing out of Sydney" a rest - the umbillical cord was cut over 25 years ago - But just because they were moved doesn't mean they have to start again, afresh - there is no sense in losing your history and heritage.

You, as in Eagles, from memory, were not an existing team - You were a new team - You have nowhere near the history and heritage - Though you can see it, you cannot understand it.

If you have nothing better to do than make the above statement - I, as a Victorian member of the Sydney Swans, solemnly declare that I barrack for a NSW AFL team based in Sydney - and I am very happy doing so and will be till the day I draw my last breath.

That makes at least one Victorian that makes a mockery of your failing logic.
    Why don't you go back and have a read of my original post? I never said that this is what I believed or indeed what any of us Eagles members believe...it is simply what many Vioctorians believe - so to go and bash on us for having no history or culture is just plain rude and stupid. We've been in the VFL/AFl for twenty years now and are playing in our 5th Grand final - no history?? That's a pretty good start IMO. So we haven't been around for 100 years - so what?? Has that made you a stronger team competitively than the West Coast over the time we've been in the comp? We've participated in more finals and grand finals than your team and won more too...will that go a way in helping to shape our 'history'?? As far as AFL history goes, you could deem ours richer than yours by your reckoning then...

PS Don't bash the sponsors - they help make our great game what it is...you try flying interstate 4 hrs each way every second week! That takes time and money...

We've participated in more finals and grand finals than your team and won more too...
    Rave on, Avon.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

PS Don't bash the sponsors - they help make our great game what it is...you try flying interstate 4 hrs each way every second week! That takes time and money...
    Why do they fly? Why don't they just run, rabbit, run like BCousins does? You could set a police siren up behind them and watch them roar across the Nullabor.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Blog Entries
    Why don't you go back and have a read of my original post? I never said that this is what I believed or indeed what any of us Eagles members believe...it is simply what many Vioctorians believe
    I did read your post - I quoted it ... Lemme try again, specifically ...
    The Sydney Swans team (and by extension its supporters) call themselves the Bloods because that is who we are. It is part of our heritage - I pointed that out in my reply.
    You are correct when you say that you never said this is what you believed or indeed what any of you Eagles believe - I concur - I can only ascertain you made the statement out of fact - something that you know - By reference, that makes you believe it to be fact.
    From the 'It's simply what many Victorians believe" I take it that you read papers and you believe most of the tripe journalists dish up to you. I have never spoken to you before. I am a Victorian. I know you said many, that doesn't imply all. You have to start believing that there is more sentiments than the stuff you read in the paper - and it isn't that simple.

so to go and bash on us for having no history or culture is just plain rude and stupid. We've been in the VFL/AFl for twenty years now and are playing in our 5th Grand final - no history?? That's a pretty good start IMO. So we haven't been around for 100 years - so what?? Has that made you a stronger team competitively than the West Coast over the time we've been in the comp? We've participated in more finals and grand finals than your team and won more too...will that go a way in helping to shape our 'history'?? As far as AFL history goes, you could deem ours richer than yours by your reckoning then...
    I didn't bash your history or culture - I said you had nowhere near it. That doesn't mean you don't have any, that doesn't mean you don't deserve any, it means that we have a longer history than you. I am not going to compare GF appearances with you, suffice to say you lose - hands down. AFL history - You say you have 20 years ? Where do you suck the idea that I would call your history longer than ours ? Where do you pull that one from in my post ?

Where did I bash your sponsors - are you even reading our posts or just blindly posting what you think our simple Victorian minds could conjure up for you to answer ??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast