Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a welcome home at the SCG tomorrow?

Regular in the Side
    went to the scg ... they were all great. they spent nearly an hour signing anything and everything and posing for photos. i got a photo with nick davis and with adam goodes so i'm extremely happy and they were all upbeat and talkative. it was great and a great effort by the swans to please all their fans!

Senior Player
    Just got back to.

Put about 10 goals through from outside 50, was absolutely on fire but glad we went, boys were upbeat no doubt after largely getting over the defeat last night, not too many on the turps though, only Jude and Davis.

Was wondering why on earth there were so many pretty young things in skimpy outfits that were Swans fans before I realised that Parklife was on!!!!!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by floppinab

boys were upbeat no doubt after largely getting over the defeat last night, not too many on the turps though, only Jude and Davis.
    My favourite moment was Roos being asked about 2007- the crowd cheered, most of the team dropped their heads and Jude and Nick gave each other a big cheesy grin, clinked their bottles and had a swig.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Originally posted by is2SWaNz
    Argh! My mum said no! She doesn't understand footy!!! I just saw some footage of the Swans walking on stage, their faces tell it all. Omg, i wanna go! I wanna show them my support, i wanna show them that with a cup or not, i still love them! I hope whoever is going will give them support. They need all the support they can get, it's such a bad loss mentally.
    What did your Mum say?

Try and convert her to a football in time for next season.

Originally posted by ben.carbonaro
    Try and convert her to a football in time for next season.
    I shall be doing that with my parents too.
    My Pokemon brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "Wanna trade cards?"
    "Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I can beat you, I've got Charizard!"

Regular in the Side
    me too ... my dad's almost there - went to 3 games this season and was up to the point of abusing umpired and yelling loudly so he's well on his way but mum can't understand why i am so obsessed ... she did however yell quite well @ the freo final which was her only game this year.

I don't think I will ever be able to do that with my mother.

On the Rookie List
    What were the boys eating when they came up the race?
    and why did Fossie only have one shoe on (did he injure his foot)?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone see the team bus? I think either Jude or Nick must have driven it to the SCG.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

On the Rookie List
    The one that got stuck half way out of the gates on Driver Ave? Yes I saw it. Also commented on the OH&S issues of the driver crawling under the back wheels whilst the engine was running.

double vodka lemon pls
    Ugh..I really wanted to go but crikey my hang over was killing me, so glad the boys had their chins up, at the airport earlier they were all looking so sad, I just wanted to give ben matthews a MASSIVE hug, I dont normally think much of the guy, I just turned to him and said "I love you guys no matter what"

I didn't speak to any of the other players, they really looked like they just wanted some time alone.. and I respected that.
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Warming the Bench
    Originally posted by ben.carbonaro
    I don't think I will ever be able to do that with my mother.
    Don't give up. I converted my Mum when she was 75 and now (81) she doesn't miss a game. Told me she had to leave the telly and go and walk around during the last quarter as she was so uptight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast