Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a welcome home at the SCG tomorrow?

Is there a welcome home at the SCG tomorrow?

If so, what time?
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Yeah, tomorrow.

SYDNEY

Win or lose this weekend the team will be welcomed home at a reception on Sunday 1 October at the SCG.

MC Mark Beretta will keep you entertained and the day will include live music, face painting, rides and kick to kick on ground (weather permitting).

The latest merchandise and memorabilia will also be on sale and the SCG food outlets will be open.

Gates open at 12noon and entry is via GATE A. The team is expected at approximately 2.30pm. This event is open to EVERYONE!
    Kirky is everything you want in a Captain
    'To my band of brothers; we are a team of warriors' - Brett Kirk

Amon the Cannon!

Opportunistic Join Date Bob Neil's Avatar
    Lads seemed really down after (who didn't).

They need support and inspiration. I'm more compelled to go to SCG tomorrow (Sun) 12:00+ than after last year.

Thick and thin.

I want to go, tell them how proud i am of them (well sort of). And give Goodes and Davis a hug! the footage of them crying, i swear i couldn't bear it. I'm bugging my mum to let me go!!!

Amon the Cannon!

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by is2SWaNz
    I want to go, tell them how proud i am of them (well sort of). And give Goodes and Davis a hug! the footage of them crying, i swear i couldn't bear it. I'm bugging my mum to let me go!!!
    Lol, i thought of the hug thing too when i saw that footage...

I have NO CHANCE of going due to bloody work, hence i'm going to be depressed all day and cop alot of slack from non AFL fans who dont like the swans cos i like them... wtf man (or maybe they are just saying that to p***** me off...).

I urge anyone who can go to go, they boys needs all our support...

Originally posted by Swansmaniac
    Lol, i thought of the hug thing too when i saw that footage...

I have NO CHANCE of going due to bloody work, hence i'm going to be depressed all day and cop alot of slack from non AFL fans who dont like the swans cos i like them... wtf man (or maybe they are just saying that to p***** me off...).

I urge anyone who can go to go, they boys needs all our support...
    Argh! My mum said no! She doesn't understand footy!!! I just saw some footage of the Swans walking on stage, their faces tell it all. Omg, i wanna go! I wanna show them my support, i wanna show them that with a cup or not, i still love them! I hope whoever is going will give them support. They need all the support they can get, it's such a bad loss mentally.

Amon the Cannon!

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by is2SWaNz
    Argh! My mum said no! She doesn't understand footy!!! I just saw some footage of the Swans walking on stage, their faces tell it all. Omg, i wanna go! I wanna show them my support, i wanna show them that with a cup or not, i still love them! I hope whoever is going will give them support. They need all the support they can get, it's such a bad loss mentally.
    Oh no . Can you think of any excuse to get out of the house? lol... (I'm not implying anything ahaha )

Originally posted by Swansmaniac
    Oh no . Can you think of any excuse to get out of the house? lol... (I'm not implying anything ahaha )
    I've gotta go to Parra tomorrow! But I'll be wearing my Swans cap with pride tomorrow. I really want to go. if anyone is going, give Goodes a hug for me please? and maybe a kiss on Amon's cheek!

Amon the Cannon!

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Bob Neil
    Lads seemed really down after (who didn't).

They need support and inspiration. I'm more compelled to go to SCG tomorrow (Sun) 12:00+ than after last year.

Thick and thin.
    My sentiments entirely - like your thinking , Bob.

Hate this "oohh I'll only go if they win" thing - though of course there's not much of that among RWO-ers.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Despite not winning yesterday Sydney has a lot to be proud about for the season.
    A chance for all to get out and show their appreciation of what the team has achieved over the season.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Just back home in Sydney. Went to the Family Day in Melbourne this morning. For obvious reasons not nearly the same turnout as last year, but still a good turnout, and lots of support for the team. Could see the disappointment on the players faces, but they were already talking about getting back there next year.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Originally posted by Mike_B
    Just back home in Sydney. Went to the Family Day in Melbourne this morning. For obvious reasons not nearly the same turnout as last year, but still a good turnout, and lots of support for the team. Could see the disappointment on the players faces, but they were already talking about getting back there next year.
    Thats good. I really hoped many would turn out even if we won or lost. I hate those people who don't go cos they lost. I wanted to go today. I went to check at the SCG webcam, its all blurry!!!

Amon the Cannon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast