Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happend to Barry - best game to worst game

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Chow-Chicker
    Yep, 5 goals.
    Indulge me please and list them. I wont be surprised if he had a hand in 5 but I will be if you can convince me he set all 5 up.

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Indulge me please and list them. I wont be surprised if he had a hand in 5 but I will be if you can convince me he set all 5 up.
    Goodes goal, O'Loughlin goal, LRT goal, Schneider goal and one escapes me but I shall watch the replay.

O'Loughlin yes.

The Goodes goal is hardly something Hall can take massive credit for.

Didn't have anything to do with Schneider's goal.

Don't recall him having much to do with LRT's goal.

He may have be involved with some of them, but it's not really the same as setting them up.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mogg0
    Whilst Bazza had a bad day in many respects, he did do some good things, and he was the one with the quick hands who set up that Goodes goal in the first 13 seconds of the last quarter.

It's easy to criticise, but we wouldn't be in the Granny without him and a little bit of objectivity about his contribution this year would be appreciated.
    Yes true we wouldn't be there.

But he didn't just have a bad day, he had a shocker. If he had just had a bad day, we would have won. That and Bolten missing twice from forty.

So many opperunities wasted.

Yet again Hall's inability to mark overhead, particularly in a pack situation, limited our forward options.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I watched him with interest during the first warm-up and he didn't seem to have his kicking boots on even then.

The guy's human. He had a great year as a player and a leader but like every bloke who's ever played the game he had off days throughout the season. It was just a shame that one his not-so-good days happened to be in the GF. It happens.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Originally posted by Claret
    I watched him with interest during the first warm-up and he didn't seem to have his kicking boots on even then.

The guy's human. He had a great year as a player and a leader but like every bloke who's ever played the game he had off days throughout the season. It was just a shame that one his not-so-good days happened to be in the GF. It happens.
    Yes it happens: but @@@@ it was the wrong time happen.

Seating in the stands, watching him @@@@ up time and time again, was not good, and when we lose by one point, you just got to think what would have happen if he had just made a couple less mistakes; the cup.

What may have beens; back to the beer me feels.

Baz is too honest & never seems to convert soft frees (at least soft by his standards).

Should have run with Grundy. Lazy coaching.

Even though he was supposingly suffering the flu Barry Hall definitely played his worse game. Continously handballing the ball after taking a mark. God, he should of just gone for goal, yes fair enough its good to be team orientated but when your down by a few goals.. just go for goal for goodness sake! Very very frustrating.
    ?????,?????_ ???RED&???WHITE[?]

official "ressies" supporter

Senior Player
    We all know the real villain is Malceski for the rushed behind.

Thank you Baz for a tremendous season.

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    O'Loughlin yes.

The Goodes goal is hardly something Hall can take massive credit for.

Didn't have anything to do with Schneider's goal.

Don't recall him having much to do with LRT's goal.

He may have be involved with some of them, but it's not really the same as setting them up.
    I stand corrected, I give him credit to 4 of our goals......Mathews, O'Loughlin, LRT and Goodes.

Mathews got a goal due to Hall trapping the ball then knocking it out to Schneider who kicked it to a loose Fosdike who passed it to Mathews. It's a long bow, but Hall made it all possible in the first place.

O'Loughlin was a clear handpass in the open goal.

LRT benefitted from a Hall trap on the 50 metre line who handpassed to a running Goodes who handballed to LRT in the open. Again, a long bow, but Hall started the chain from a forward 50 entry.

Well, the Goodes one was after a Hall mark who passed to a flying Goodes on the burst.

I was mistaken with the Schneider one. I thought Hall knocked it to the ground in a marking contest, but it wasn't the case.

I'm not saying he deserves massive credit, but he did contribute to the scoreboard by providing team mates with opportunities. Hall did make a mess of several marks and the obvious two sitters that he missed and will always be regarded as the culprit in this Grand Final. I think he knows that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast