Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roos and Ireland on board till 2009

Roos and Ireland on board till 2009

Seems they both extended their contracts by a year mid-season but only announced it tonight.

Story

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Re: Roos and Ireland on board till 2009

Originally posted by Mike_B
    Seems they both extended their contracts by a year mid-season but only announced it tonight.

Story
    Good stuff. Long to reign over us.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Football Terrorist

Roos Extends Contract.

Just heard on the news that Paul Roos has signed til the end of 2009.

Good show!
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

Not much of a shock. Hall is signed to 2009, so is Tiger (on his final contract with the club) and Roos has already made it pretty clear when he'll "probably" be leaving.

2009 gonna be a big year for retirements.

On the Rookie List
    Well, according to this forum, anything less than a 15 year contract amounts to a betrayal. And even then, I guess he'd just be leaving the reserves out to dry!

What a bastard!

Football Terrorist
    Originally posted by Tuco
    Not much of a shock. Hall is signed to 2009, so is Tiger (on his final contract with the club) and Roos has already made it pretty clear when he'll "probably" be leaving.

2009 gonna be a big year for retirements.
    2010 onwards looks like being a rebuilding phase.
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

Originally posted by Destructive
    2010 onwards looks like being a rebuilding phase.
    I'm not so sure how bad our rebuilding will have to be. Considering we're still fairly young overall.

We'll still have a core leadership group in 2010. Jude, ROK, Jolly, Bolton, Fosdike, Davis, Amon, Schneids, Goodes and possibly Crouch will still be there (assuming players don't ask to be traded away). And I'm hoping players like Malceski, Macca, Dempster, Teddy, Ablett and co will have developed into club leaders by then.

But its true that Hall, Tiger, Leo, MOL, Kirk, Mathews and Roos are all looking likely to leave by the end of 2009.

Veterans List
    = relative stability for the next 3 years.

If Roosey has signed for another year he must be on huge $$$$ by now.

Veterans List
    I'm not so sure how bad our rebuilding will have to be. Considering we're still fairly young overall.

We'll still have a core leadership group in 2010. Jude, ROK, Jolly, Bolton, Fosdike, Davis, Amon, Schneids, Goodes and possibly Crouch will still be there (assuming players don't ask to be traded away). And I'm hoping players like Malceski, Macca, Dempster, Teddy, Ablett and co will have developed into club leaders by then.

But its true that Hall, Tiger, Leo, MOL, Kirk, Mathews and Roos are all looking likely to leave by the end of 2009.
    If Mathews stays until the end of 2009 I will have many, many, many more posts.

We'll still have a core leadership group in 2010. Jude,
    I think Bolton will be on his last legs by then.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I think Bolton will be on his last legs by then.
    I say trade him now. What was it, 7 kicks in the GF and 2 of those misses from point blank range in the 1st Q. Turns up late to almost every game, gets a fair bit of it in the last Q (not in GF's though) doesn't appear to be a 4 quarter player.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by Nico
    gets a fair bit of it in the last Q (not in GF's though) doesn't appear to be a 4 quarter player.
    One out of two ain't horrendous - he was excellent in the final quarter of last year's GF. Right up there with Buchanan IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast