Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Brett Kirk have Paul Kelly status when he retires???????

Will Brett Kirk have Paul Kelly status when he retires???????

What do you think???

he would have to go close IMO - bloody inspirational leader and almost got us over the line last week

don't know how he'd go doing a tea commercial with libba though
    Roosy = LEGEND

No. Not Kirky.
    I think Goodsey will have Paul Kelly "legend status" when he retires.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Interesting question...but I reckon probably not.

Kelly had speed and consistently played his whole career like Kirk has for the past couple. Kirky will eventually retire as a club legend but not quite of Kell's class.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Let me spell it out for you....

Y E S

Yes.....

I quite frequently refer to Captain Kirky & Captain Courageous in the same sentence already. I would find it very difficult to split the two even now. The only thing that elevates Kel's above Kirky is the spent as captain and at the club, and the Brownlow.... But both players have had a huge impact on the club shifting the culture and ethos of our great club.

I will say that the only thing that seperates them is the teams they played in. Clearly we are stronger now than we were in Kel's hey day so Kirky has a tendency to get lost amongst a great team whereas Kel's was a standout player in a lesser team (Though we did start to get better)...

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Originally posted by reigning premier
    Let me spell it out for you....

Y E S

Yes.....

I quite frequently refer to Captain Kirky & Captain Courageous in the same sentence already. I would find it very difficult to split the two even now. The only thing that elevates Kel's above Kirky is the spent as captain and at the club, and the Brownlow.... But both players have had a huge impact on the club shifting the culture and ethos of our great club.

I will say that the only thing that seperates them is the teams they played in. Clearly we are stronger now than we were in Kel's hey day so Kirky has a tendency to get lost amongst a great team whereas Kel's was a standout player in a lesser team (Though we did start to get better)...
    Hall Vs Lockett????

Let me open up that can of worms on another thread....

Goodsey's even more decorated than Kells.
    Apparently, I'm the only one who sees it now (and probably Marry Me Goodes).
    I'm a seer!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    No - Kel never chose to publicly chastise or denigrate his fellow players. True leadership.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    Goodsey's even more decorated than Kells.
    Apparently, I'm the only one who sees it now (and probably Marry Me Goodes).
    I'm a seer!!!
    Kirk will be a legend of the club, possibly on Kelly's level. I dont think many would begrudge him that.

Goodes will be a legend of the club, and of the game.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Can you two ever post in a thread without referring to Goodes?!?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I believe I have had many a post that didn't mention the almighty dual-brownlow-medalist Adam Goodes, but, you know me .... I prefer to mention Goodes at any given opportunity.

Goodsey, Goodsey, Goodsey.

Originally posted by reigning premier
    But both players have had a huge impact on the club shifting the culture and ethos of our great club.
    Both Roos and Colless have attributed Maxfield as being the prime instigator of the "Bloods" culture, though Kirk is certainly now the public face of it. How can we, and the Club, ensure that the significance of Stewie's captaincy does not get forgotten?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by j s
    Both Roos and Colless have attributed Maxfield as being the prime instigator of the "Bloods" culture, though Kirk is certainly now the public face of it. How can we, and the Club, ensure that the significance of Stewie's captaincy does not get forgotten?
    Exactly.

I don't doubt Kirk's endeavour as a player but the way he goes out of his way to claim the mantle as the spirit of the Bloods is vomitous and contrary to what he purports to represent.

Stu, Kel and Goodes all have modesty.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast