Thread: Smokey Davis

On the Rookie List

Smokey Davis

Apparently Smokey Davis is doing a pre-season with the Swans. Does this mean he might be picked up in one of the drafts? Who else is doing pre-season?

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Smokey Davis.. Not Nick Davis.. Who we all know is a god!

I hope they at least put a new profile pic in for him...

Yet to see confirmation, but this has been claimed around the traps. If true, presumably Sydney are just doing a favour for a mate and keeping him fit in the off-season while he decides whether to stick around this neck of the woods and play for a Sydney FL/ACTAFL club, or go back to SA.

Would be absolutely bizarre if Sydney was planning on re-drafting him.

Still eligible for rookie list?

maybe that's the plan

Senior Player
    josh willoughby training with port adelaide according to todays herald sun and age

On the Rookie List
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Originally posted by Will Sangster
    josh willoughby training with port adelaide according to todays herald sun and age
    Dead right. Also confirmed that Stefan Garrubba has been given a run with Hawthorn. No-one on the 'official' Sydney permission-to-train list; possibly because it's still a while before training re-commences!

Funny how Garrubba just completely dropped off the radar. I don't think he played badly this year, but for the likes of him and Willoughby (and Spriggs) there was a sense that we have an embarrassment of riches with their type of player and it was just too far to the front of the queue. Wouldn't be surprised if any of them 'make it' at a club that has more moderate midfield depth (see, for example, Ben Fixter at the Blions).

I think there'll be a few ex Swans running around in other colours next year and doing alright.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veterans List
    Originally posted by hammo
    I think there'll be a few ex Swans running around in other colours next year and doing alright.
    Perhaps you should put your neck on the line and name them. Then come next season's end your prognostications can be dissected/torn apart/ripped to pieces, or if your are correct you can be lauded as a wise individual and all of the RWO clique can get on their knees to praise you.