Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Every Member Counts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every Member Counts

Originally posted by goswannie14
    Yep I agree with you Damien. The marketing dept has done a wonderful job catering in the main to the two major markets that contain Swans supporters. To have 32,000 members would have been unheard of in the SMFC and early Sydney Swans days. Full marks to the club for what they have achieved up until now.
    I dont think they have done a wonderful job we have 32000 members approx that is @@@@,only 22000 in sydney you tell me how that is so good when sydney are the only team and there is a population of about 3.5 million.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

You compare that to every other sporting code in Sydney, and we are way ahead. I think that's pretty good.

But I think the Sydney figure is closer to 24,000, with the Vic based members being about 8,000.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

You compare that to every other sporting code in Sydney, and we are way ahead. I think that's pretty good.

But I think the Sydney figure is closer to 24,000, with the Vic based members being about 8,000.
    Now your splitting hairs,still @@@@ figures for the two biggist cities.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by swantastic
    Now your splitting hairs,still @@@@ figures for the two biggist cities.
    I understand what you are saying but you have to take more into account than just population. There are many other factors, including the sporting culture in Melbourne compared with Sydney.

I understand what you are saying but you have to take more into account than just population. There are many other factors, including the sporting culture in Melbourne compared with Sydney.
    Well melbourne is the world home of sport.
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

There are many other factors, including the sporting culture in Melbourne compared with Sydney.
    The quote rings true that in Melbourne you marry the club till death do you part, and in Sydney its a series of one night stands. It is a noteworthy point that the Swans have the largest member base of any club of any code based in Sydney, yet AFL still struggles for popularity in some areas. Sydneysiders just don't seem to pay into the club, regardless of the sport.

I'm taken back to a time when Sheeds was getting slammed for his coaching in the late 80's. Every person he met in the streets he questioned if they were a member or not and if they said no he told them to put their money where there mouth was or shut up. Wise words, really. You support the club, you should marry it as far as I see.

10100111001 ;-)

Well melbourne is the world home of sport.
    Melbourne is the Melbourne home of sport....
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I'll certainly be "hoping" that I'll still be sitting with all my friends this year, and that I get my old seat back in 2008, that's for sure.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every Member Counts

I dont think they have done a wonderful job we have 32000 members approx that is @@@@,only 22000 in sydney you tell me how that is so good when sydney are the only team and there is a population of about 3.5 million.
    Everyone gets all gooey thinking about how large Sydney is. But forget how small the pool of AR support is in these parts. They seem to look at the sporting map here as if we are a one team town and expect memberships like we see in Adelaide or Perth.

The Swans are just one professional team competing against 2 Basketball teams, a Soccer team, a Union Super 14 side, and 10 NRL sides (apologies if I've overlooked any teams this is off the top of my head).

22,000 is good. I'd expect that 30,000 Sydney-based members would probably be the maximum membership potential there is in this city for the moment (especially being based at the SCG which is almost a long distance call from where the majority of people live up here).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every Member Counts

Originally posted by Tuco
    I'd expect that 30,000 Sydney-based members would probably be the maximum membership potential there is in this city for the moment (especially being based at the SCG which is almost a long distance call from where the majority of people live up here).
    ...plus the limited capacity of the SCG.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Originally posted by laughingnome

I'm taken back to a time when Sheeds was getting slammed for his coaching in the late 80's. Every person he met in the streets he questioned if they were a member or not and if they said no he told them to put their money where there mouth was or shut up. Wise words, really. You support the club, you should marry it as far as I see.

Cool; so as a paid up member I'm allowed to sprew out any wild conspiracy rant and tell the coaching staff and players how they should play.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Cosmic Wizard
    Cool; so as a paid up member I'm allowed to sprew out any wild conspiracy rant and tell the coaching staff and players how they should play.
    You must be new here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12