Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plugger's Record

Originally posted by SimonH
    Happy to agree with you that Plugger holds a record; I just contributed to clarify what the meaning of the phrase "his record" was.

As for the above gibe: um, Ken Farmer is in the Australian football hall of fame (y'know, the one owned and operated by the AFL). Has been since 1998. Better to quit while you're behind, hey?
    Yes, maybe I should have checked the list before I commented. Once again, good on Kenny.

Still, that isn't going to take away from the fact that if you ask anyone "who holds the record for the most goals kicked in the VFL/AFL" the answer is going to be Plugger and not Kenny Farmer. So, I guess that still makes it his record - until it's broken, of course.

That's good enough for me.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Re: Plugger's Record

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    Since getting the DVD of his 1300th kick, and borrowing a copy of "Swan Song - the Paul Kelly Story", I'm having a bit of a Plugger nostalgia-fest.

Standing at 1360 goals, do you think his record will ever get broken?
    Remind all the viewers who signed that book Annie.....

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    And no... for the foreseeable future, it will never be broken.

Lloyd will have to play until his grand kids are playing under the father/son rule, and Fevola will be dumped from a burgeoning AFL career after being found in the car park half naked with Lara Bingle....

Short of them two, I can't see anyone touching the record and as most people have pointed out, the days of the dominant seven-goal-a-game-kicking-full-forwards are gone... Until they return, they won't catch Plugger or his record....

Re: Re: Plugger's Record

Originally posted by reigning premier
    Remind all the viewers who signed that book Annie.....
    Sincerest apologies Uncle RP ...

Thank you for letting me borrow your SIGNED copy of "Swan Song - The Paul Kelly Story".
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123