Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Ball nominated as a Board Member

Senior Player

Jason Ball nominated as a Board Member

Just noticed on an article that was in the Daily Telegraph on Dec 24th that Jason Ball has nominated for a place on the board. He seems very keen to stay involved in the Swans and offer help as required. Good on Jason we need to keep past players etc interested in Sydney and not have them return to their home states.

Re: Jason Ball nominated as a Board Member

Originally posted by annew
    Just noticed on an article that was in the Daily Telegraph on Dec 24th that Jason Ball has nominated for a place on the board. He seems very keen to stay involved in the Swans and offer help as required. Good on Jason we need to keep past players etc interested in Sydney and not have them return to their home states.
    I would think that if he works for Macquarie Bank, although I dont know what he does there, he would have the type of administrative and possibly financial skills that would be useful at Board level, along with his experience as a player.

Good one.
    I recall someone telling me once that he was (is) a stockbroker down at the millionaires factory.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Re: Re: Jason Ball nominated as a Board Member

Originally posted by cruiser
    I would think that if he works for Macquarie Bank, although I dont know what he does there, he would have the type of administrative and possibly financial skills that would be useful at Board level, along with his experience as a player.
    Yes, vote for the part time teller

Seriously, if he has any skills that can assist the Swans, then MAYBE consider him.
    And I'm not talking Paul Kelly 'great player' skills.

He should be weighed up against every other candidate and voted for on his merits.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

If he's a stockbroker, he may be on the sales side, and I don't know how much he can add to being on the Board from this angle, but it may still be worthwhile having a recent player on the Board.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Isn't he just replacing Kels as the "members voice" on the board?
    They have two "member voices". One from Melbourne, one from Sydney.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

I have to wait until JF and Bon's dad tell me what to think. I think we would have won another Premiership if he'd stuck with the team. Maybe he feels guilty.

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    Isn't he just replacing Kels as the "members voice" on the board?
    They have two "member voices". One from Melbourne, one from Sydney.
    Every board member should be a member's voice - if they don't act in the interests of members and the club as a whole then they shouldn't be there!
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Originally posted by hammo
    Every board member should be a member's voice - if they don't act in the interests of members and the club as a whole then they shouldn't be there!
    You'd think eh??

Try sending an email to Mr Colless ... it doesn't get replied to. Send an email to Kels, and you get a reply. I tried it.

Two positions on the board were put aside specifically for "member representation". One from Melbourne, and one from Sydney.

We got the opportunity to vote on these positions a few years ago. We voted in Kels, and some bloke involved in the Melbourne office (whose name escapes me at the moment).

Veteran Site Admin

Two positions on the board were put aside specifically for "member representation". One from Melbourne, and one from Sydney.

Not correct. Two positions are voted on by members - nothing to say they are there to specifically represent members. Indeed, they would be derelict in their duties as directors if they did not act in the best interests of all stakeholders of the club.

And there is nothing designating one voted board member as representing Melbourne and one Sydney. All qualifying members get to vote on any vacancy and there are no state- residency qualifications for either position.

Blog Entries
    Skilts and Roos officially nominate Ball.

Link

You'd think eh??

Try sending an email to Mr Colless ... it doesn't get replied to. Send an email to Kels, and you get a reply. I tried it.

We got the opportunity to vote on these positions a few years ago. We voted in Kels, and some bloke involved in the Melbourne office (whose name escapes me at the moment).

Email Myles B-H - he always answers your queries.

Jason Ball actually has quite the business brain (for a modern day sportsman! ;-)), which you would hope would be mandatory for any member of a board.

Whilst he could be a voice for the players, he would actually be able to contribute. Lives and works in Sydney and would have the contacts of a number of high profile businessmen through his working with Macquarie Bank - a good choice if he gets the nod.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast