Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Federal Government throws $25m at Swans home ground.

On the Rookie List
    firstly - the swans had been making noises and talking about moving all games from the scg to homebush.claiming the scg dosent have enough coporate facilities( private boxes , dining rooms , lounges etc ) to cater for the swans needs.
    so the scg trust ( trying to keep their major hirer happy) decided to built a new grandstand.
    the swans and r.colless have known about this for a fair while , as this grandstand has been a few years in the planning.
    In late 2006 , an article appeared in newspapers about how this will effect the swans crowds and revenue in 2007 ,as the scg will only hold 34000 for 2007 season. The swans then cried poor but the swans average crowd for season 2006 was only 31000 anyway.
    The new scoreboard , will be built as an extention to the messenger stand. The messenger will not be torn down.
    and finally , i have always sat in the scg members area and have always find it amazing that people whinge about the dress code.
    like randwick racecourse , city tatts , The MCG and most nightclubs , the scg has a dress code if you wish to sit in their members area.
    Males are required to wear a collared shirt...this is printed on the back of match day tickets , on the website and in all media given to members.
    if you wish to sit in the scg members wear a collared shirt , if you wish to wear a singlet , footy jumper or t-shirt go sit in the outer..this isnt to hard to work out.....but this is always the scg's fault not the bloke you cant dress himself properly faults

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    The Fed Gov are kicking in because Howard's a cricket tragic. Anything for his beloved SCG.
    And I suppose his financial support for the Whitten Oval redevelopment is due to his love of AFL and the Bulldogs
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Originally posted by GoBloods
    if you wish to sit in the scg members wear a collared shirt , if you wish to wear a singlet , footy jumper or t-shirt go sit in the outer..this isnt to hard to work out.....but this is always the scg's fault not the bloke you cant dress himself properly faults
    Actually you are allowed to wear a Swans guernsey in there which has no collar, go figure

The stupid thing is that shirt collars are allowed, jacked collars aren't. In my book a collar is a collar.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Dave
    Howard could but Jason Recliners in every seat position but I still wouldn't vote for the pr*ck.
    Still, it is a grand idea.

Originally posted by Captain
    Actually you are allowed to wear a Swans guernsey in there which has no collar, go figure

The stupid thing is that shirt collars are allowed, jacked collars aren't. In my book a collar is a collar.
    I used to collect for the Salvos at the MCG members gate, I saw a guy refused entry one day (in the eighties) for having a skivvy on. Before you ask, I think he was a Melbourne supporter.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by goswannie14
    I used to collect for the Salvos at the MCG members gate, I saw a guy refused entry one day (in the eighties) for having a skivvy on. Before you ask, I think he was a Melbourne supporter.
    Was it a white or a beige skivvy?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    Was it a white or a beige skivvy?
    Now you're pushing it. My memory isn't that good.

Now you're pushing it. My memory isn't that good.
    Old man.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

I used to collect for the Salvos at the MCG members gate, I saw a guy refused entry one day (in the eighties) for having a skivvy on.
    Greg Wiggle tells the same story.

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Greg Wiggle tells the same story.

Another side benefit of the new stand is that no longer will we hear the jibes from Interstate fans "See! Look at all the theatregoers leaving the game before it end!".

The early leavers will disappear behind the stands (just like every other ground) instead of very visibly parading behind the Randwick goals.

Originally posted by j s
    Another side benefit of the new stand is that no longer will we hear the jibes from Interstate fans "See! Look at all the theatregoers leaving the game before it end!".

The early leavers will disappear behind the stands (just like every other ground) instead of very visibly parading behind the Randwick goals.
    You can clearly see the essendon & carlton supporters leave telstra dome ... just before time on in the final quarter. They scurry up the races like mice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast