Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Federal Government throws $25m at Swans home ground.

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    You can clearly see the essendon & carlton supporters leave telstra dome ... just before time on in the final quarter. They scurry up the races like mice.
    Unfortunately Sydney Siders are often not much better, winning or losing as long as they are first on the bus they don't care what the result is as long as they beat the traffic!
    Swannies for life!

Originally posted by j s
    Another side benefit of the new stand is that no longer will we hear the jibes from Interstate fans "See! Look at all the theatregoers leaving the game before it end!".
    They're just making their way to the race to applaud the team
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Originally posted by goswannie14
    (in the eighties)
    Is that the 1980's or the 1880's
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by swantastic
    Is that the 1980's or the 1880's
    ROFLMAO - Gold.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

ROFLMAO - Gold.
    Are you 2 married?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Are you 2 married?
    I knew you would like it GS14. We just know good humor when we see it.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Are you 2 married?
    HA HA HA HA HA
    Nah ... he's my toy boy.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Originally posted by DST
    The MCC spent $450 million on the "G" to effectively reduce the seating capacity by 3,000.

Coming from Melbourne where we have two stand out stadiums with easy access to the ground via public transport or walking from the city centre, great viewing from all levels and easy movement inside the stadium and fantastic facilities for corporate and general fans you don't have to be a genius to work out that any money spent on the SCG to revive it is a good thing.

DST
    Agree.... as a longstranding member who has had the priviliege to be a melbourne and sydney member, the grounds in melbourne and their public transport and general access @@@@ all over sydney. Telstra stadium included.

However, I do like my smaller SCG as it's by far the best ground to watch AFL on (Close to players, large without being a barn and small without being a suburban ground).... SCG has it all....

If they can sort out access in and out as well as some public transport improvements, I'm all up for it!

Originally posted by reigning premier
    snip ....

If they can sort out access in and out as well as some public transport improvements, I'm all up for it!
    Says the man who gets held up in traffic jams walking to the SCG!!

The public transport to both TS and the SCG are fantastic. I've never had a complaint. (Mind you, if I do catch a train to the city I get a fast one that only makes one stop before Central, and the bus is right outside the door at Central waiting to take you to the SCG. Telstra Stadium is even better .... one stop to Homebush.)

Says the man who gets held up in traffic jams walking to the SCG!!
    .... one stop to Homebush.)
    You know me Annie... I get upset when I spill my Chardonnay walking to and from the ground..... And what's this plastic cup crap.... It's just not tennis!

As for Telstra stadium... Now that is horrendous.... I feel feint just thinking about it... might have to have a cup of chamomile tea and some cucumber sandwiches to calm me down.....

Originally posted by reigning premier
    You know me Annie... I get upset when I spill my Chardonnay walking to and from the ground..... And what's this plastic cup crap.... It's just not tennis!

As for Telstra stadium... Now that is horrendous.... I feel feint just thinking about it... might have to have a cup of chamomile tea and some cucumber sandwiches to calm me down.....
    I know the Anzac Bridge is a high one. A lot of people find it hard to cross!! Imagine, the AFL and the RAS asking you to go ALL the way to Homebush to see AFL games and go to the show. It's an outrage. I'm going to ring AM talkback.

I know the Anzac Bridge is a high one. A lot of people find it hard to cross!! Imagine, the AFL and the RAS asking you to go ALL the way to Homebush to see AFL games and go to the show. It's an outrage. I'm going to ring AM talkback.
    Stop it.... Stop it now....

You're scaring me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234