Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Sydney

Veterans List

North Sydney

Some advice from the old hands if I may. I've never been to the Nth Sydney game - is it easy enough to rock up on the night & get tickets? How family friendly is it (discounting the possible presence of Pies fans in the crowd)?

Thx

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We've always bought our tickets beforehand (as we again have this year) but I am pretty sure it is easy enough to get tickets on the night (don't know if it being vs. Collingwood instead of Essendon will really up numbers that much). Kids are free entry.
    It is very family friendly, we have taken our son each year and not had any problems (probably more family oriented than a normal Swans game because there are so many kids 'cause they get free entry). NSO is a beautiful old ground and worth the effort on its own, but the prospect of seeing Nick Davis run around in February makes the trip a must for any fan of exciting football!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

For families there will be the usual kids clinic (5pm) and (I assume) autograph session before the game.

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.as...ticleid=314542

Date: Friday February 16, 2007

Time: 6.30pm

Gates open: 4.30pm

Pre-game activity: Coaching clinic at 5pm

Ticket prices: Adult tickets are $15, Concession tickets are $10 and any child under 15 years gains free entry.

Veterans List
    Cool, thx for that. Is parking feasible near NSO?

Originally posted by giant
    Cool, thx for that. Is parking feasible near NSO?
    Yes and no.
    There's plenty of it (if you get there early enough) ... it's paid ticketed, and you might have to walk from a few streets away.
    The train station is about a 10-15 minute walk away.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    The thought of subjecting 3 small children to the traumas of Sydney peak hour rail transport is such that I'll investigate the parking option in more detail.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by giant
    The thought of subjecting 3 small children to the traumas of Sydney peak hour rail transport is such that I'll investigate the parking option in more detail.
    My tip is to get there early so as to avoid the North Sydney peak-out crawl.

this is not much better than the drive to the SCG on match day along Lachlan or Cleveland Streets.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    My tip is to get there early so as to avoid the North Sydney peak-out crawl.

this is not much better than the drive to the SCG on match day along Lachlan or Cleveland Streets.

JF
    Shouldn't be too bad with traffic..... NSO only holds about 12,000 if they all breath in..... Access in and around is fairly easy but as usual, the parking Nazi's will be out in full force.

I'd recommend biting the bullet and parking at parking station as opposed to on the street...

Go Swans Always
    In the last few years parking has been available behind the Catholic Church on the corner which is opposite the oval. I am not sure what time it is available.
    Ring the parish office St Mary's 8918 4100. I am sure they will help. From memory it is about $10.
    Love those Swans

Veterans List
    Good tip - wouldn't hurt the little buggers to get a bit of quality God time anyway. Besides Goodesy of course.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Anyone know if this game is on at least the radio??
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

On the Rookie List
    damn you all. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast