Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wizard Cup vs Bulldogs

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Wizard Cup vs Bulldogs

From this Herald article, ROK and Kirk are expected to come in for Schneider and Moore while the remainder of the squad will be selected from the team that played on Friday.

I'm not holding out much hope for a chance of a victory. I'm predicting our usual Wizard Cup shellacking, even without knowing how the Doggies will lineup.

As I recall in the unlikely event we win on Saturday, our next game is in the sauna-like conditions of Cairns.

So this is one game I hope we perform well in, but don't actually win.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

From what I took out of the article I get the impression that the club sees greater benefit in playing regional challenge games. With no restrictions on numbers on the bench, it gives them a greater chance to get some game time into the players legs, without the potential for overworking them if they aren't ready for it.

Very much a case of if we win a NAB cup game, great, if not, who cares, we weren't expecting to win anyway.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I think i heard somewhere the doggies will have 14 of their senior players not playing so this game could be even steven.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Originally posted by Mike_B

Very much a case of if we win a NAB cup game, great, if not, who cares, we weren't expecting to win anyway.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    I think i heard somewhere the doggies will have 14 of their senior players not playing so this game could be even steven.
    Wow. I figured the Bulldogs and Kangas would have had pressure applied from board level for strong teams to take the park. Winning the million would be massive for either.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Originally posted by Damien
    Wow. I figured the Bulldogs and Kangas would have had pressure applied from board level for strong teams to take the park. Winning the million would be massive for either.
    That's about all the comp is worth... A cash injection for struggling clubs....

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    I heard that too. Rocket stated a number of 1st 22 players that won't be playing, just yet, which I think included a lot of the "returning from injury" players

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Mike_B

My priority is for the young pups to get a run, get a feel of the footy, learn how Roosey likes the team to play & most importantly that we have no major injuries.

I'll be going to the Alexandria on Saturday arvo to watch this one. The infamous scourge of the NRL Beaussie may even make an appearance.

I'll be bringing my Sherrin for kick to kick out the back of the pub on the grass if anyone is interested.

Anyone else in?

JF:-

PS:- I'm not travelling further that Redfern to watch a match that constitutes little more than a glorified practice match under whacko rules.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    As usual, we in the West miss out on free to air of the Swans match. Anyone know if Fox are showing it??
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by PerthSwannie
    As usual, we in the West miss out on free to air of the Swans match. Anyone know if Fox are showing it??
    Yes they are.

Regular in the Side
    i don't think we in the east get it on FTA either ... i haven't been able to find it anyhow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast