Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why would anyone rely on a Collingwood forum for possible Swans injury news?

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    I am not sure why, even if the rumours were right, it was lather worthy. It would be a bugger (especially if he is in your FF side) but not critical to the enjoyment of the season, surely?
    Agree there - but how serious people take football varies. So for you, it might not affect your enjoyment of the season because football is not the be all and end all for you. For others though, it is more important, so the potential of losing a star player for the season causes much greater consternation.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Re: Re: Why would anyone rely on a Collingwood forum for possible Swans injury news?

Originally posted by Damien
    I personally thought it was the most fun on this board in months! lol. No one could confirm or deny the rumours, even though most of us thought it was another hoax, it was fun seeing everyone get into the action.

22 days to go!
    I agree it was funny, but some people just seemed to be more OTT than I would get about a player, even one as important as Baz, getting injured.

Mind you, my reaction when Teaser left the Swans for Collingwood may have been similar.

Still...each to their own.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Why the @@@@ not? It was the most entertaining hour of RWO for months. If you have to have a source, and cannot post rumour and speculation, this site just becomes a link to newspaper articles. I thought it was great. Bring on 2007 and the drama and the excitement, the rumour and the innuendo, the love and the hate. Wait 'till word of Everitt's ankle gets out - that will get the place jumping...
    I rarely agree with you, but i'm with you 110% this time.

Blog Entries
    Maybe if people are going to post information re injuries etc, that some form of accuracy should be added to the comment.

"I saw it". " A mate told me". "Rumour is ...". "Unconfirmed ....". "Official News Source".

It would still cause some people to go into a lather, but it would atleast give us some idea as to how much we should believe the story.

Posting bull@@@@ rumours for the sake of posting bull@@@@ rumours, is just unacceptable IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Maybe if people are going to post information re injuries etc, that some form of accuracy should be added to the comment.

"I saw it". " A mate told me". "Rumour is ...". "Unconfirmed ....". "Official News Source".

It would still cause some people to go into a lather, but it would atleast give us some idea as to how much we should believe the story.

Posting bull@@@@ rumours for the sake of posting bull@@@@ rumours, is just unacceptable IMHO.
    ScottH has let himself go

Official news source

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    At least this friday night we'll have a heap of people who'll actually be AT the ground who - I suggest - will be msg-ing or calling someone siting at a computer for constant (and yes, accurate) updates.
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Layby View Post

Official news source
    He also has a full pm inbox, so its appears he has cellulite on the brain also !

Blog Entries
    He also has a full pm inbox, so its appears he has cellulite on the brain also !
    Working on it!!!!

Try again sunshine!!

Official news source
    Let himself go?

He's looks like he's trimmed down a bit in that photo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12