Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone rely on a Collingwood forum for possible Swans injury news?

Why would anyone rely on a Collingwood forum for possible Swans injury news?

I thought, after some peoples OTT reactions last night that the question had to be asked.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

It proves that everyone is over Plugger's groin.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

That was soooo last century.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

More generally, why would anyone believe information such as this posted on unofficial sites without any link to an official source confirming it?

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    More generally, why would anyone believe information such as this posted on unofficial sites without any link to an official source confirming it?
    Asking for a source? That would probably be seen as over-moderating.

Blog Entries
    Why the @@@@ not? It was the most entertaining hour of RWO for months. If you have to have a source, and cannot post rumour and speculation, this site just becomes a link to newspaper articles. I thought it was great. Bring on 2007 and the drama and the excitement, the rumour and the innuendo, the love and the hate. Wait 'till word of Everitt's ankle gets out - that will get the place jumping...

Originally posted by Frog
    Asking for a source? That would probably be seen as over-moderating.
    No, deleting a post because there was no source given would be over-moderating.

Sorry, you're post is childish.

Given the bunfight in the Sandpit at the minute, I'd have expected better from an owner.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by BBB

Given the bunfight in the Sandpit at the minute, I'd have expected better from an owner.
    Historical evidence from members of the forum and e-mails to the moderators suggests otherwise. And it totally depends on the post whether a source would be required and whether or not it gets deleted.

I find it strange that a rumour posted on RWO gets (within the hour) 95 users on-line, yet some posters here blame ROKLobster for starting it. I doubt he has a direct line to all that were on last night. And they must have come for some reason. It was out there.

Sanecow once gave me the perfect response - "Don't believe everything you read on RWO".

Originally posted by BBB

Frog, how many times have I told you we need a :tongue in cheek: emoticon?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Why the @@@@ not? It was the most entertaining hour of RWO for months. If you have to have a source, and cannot post rumour and speculation, this site just becomes a link to newspaper articles. I thought it was great. Bring on 2007 and the drama and the excitement, the rumour and the innuendo, the love and the hate. Wait 'till word of Everitt's ankle gets out - that will get the place jumping...
    Hey, I've got no issue with rumours speculation and the like appearing on RWO. My point was, take it with a grain of salt until there is something from an official source confirming it as true before you get yourself into a lather over something.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    Hey, I've got no issue with rumours speculation and the like appearing on RWO. My point was, take it with a grain of salt until there is something from an official source confirming it as true before you get yourself into a lather over something.
    Sure Mike. The lathering was humourous. I am not sure why, even if the rumours were right, it was lather worthy. It would be a bugger (especially if he is in your FF side) but not critical to the enjoyment of the season, surely?

As for Frog's comments, just goes to show no one knows how many usernames I really have,

Living in 2005

Re: Why would anyone rely on a Collingwood forum for possible Swans injury news?

Originally posted by goswannie14
    I thought, after some peoples OTT reactions last night that the question had to be asked.
    I personally thought it was the most fun on this board in months! lol. No one could confirm or deny the rumours, even though most of us thought it was another hoax, it was fun seeing everyone get into the action.

22 days to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast