Thread: Tassie Devils to join SANFL

Tassie Devils to join SANFL

Well here it is again!The SANFL have extended their tentacles,(not testicles PK!) and have approached the Devils to join the SANFL.Will the Swans get in first? The pressure now mounts! Swans or devils? I know who my money is on. Come on Swans deny it!!
    Spoiler

Sounds like a good move,now wat chance of a Territory team getting in?also, we're you referring to me as PK?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spoiler View Post
    Well here it is again!The SANFL have extended their tentacles,(not testicles PK!) and have approached the Devils to join the SANFL.Will the Swans get in first? The pressure now mounts! Swans or devils? I know who my money is on. Come on Swans deny it!!
    Smart move. Maybe they should invite three teams to create an even ten team comp: the Tassie Devils, the Sydney Swans (reserves) and the Canberra Cockatoos.

You're a great guy, Cruiser, but your maths needs work. I think you meant 12 teams (add 3 to a 9-team comp).

SANFL are just keeping their options open (and keeping the AFL on its toes). The Advertiser story says Tassie is 2009 at the earliest (contingent on the restructuring of the VFL/creation of an AFL reserves), so if your earlier speculation about Swans 2s in 2008 is right, Spoiler, Sydney have got a one-year jump on them.

Sooner or later, the SANFL is more likely than not go 10-team. Plenty of options for the 10th: Tassie, Swans reserves and NT probably head the list. Then there's (in roughly descending order of likelihood) Canberra, Southport Sharks/Qld, and various country SA (and western Victoria) options.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    You're a great guy, Cruiser, but your maths needs work. I think you meant 12 teams (add 3 to a 9-team comp).

SANFL are just keeping their options open (and keeping the AFL on its toes). The Advertiser story says Tassie is 2009 at the earliest (contingent on the restructuring of the VFL/creation of an AFL reserves), so if your earlier speculation about Swans 2s in 2008 is right, Spoiler, Sydney have got a one-year jump on them.

Sooner or later, the SANFL is more likely than not go 10-team. Plenty of options for the 10th: Tassie, Swans reserves and NT probably head the list. Then there's (in roughly descending order of likelihood) Canberra, Southport Sharks/Qld, and various country SA (and western Victoria) options.
    Woops, sorrry, of course. I got the odd/even bit right. A NT team in the SANFL makes a lot of sense.

So this is why the persist on keeping the N in SANFL.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I recall RWO's own stellation came up with a too-funny joke based on Tassie joining the SANFL in the Cousins thread on Bigfooty which was far too subtle for most, indicating that the news hadn't yet reached the average BF poster. Who says Sydneysiders don't know anything about footy?

I presume that joke had something to do with winners.

The Pura Cup has us quite euphoric at the moment.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    It had something to do with Ben playing in the SANFL because Tasmanians love their Cousins. But it just doesn't seem right to make fun of Tasmanians now after their historic win this week in the Pura Cup, so I hope I didn't spoil your euphoria.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    It had something to do with Ben playing in the SANFL because Tasmanians love their Cousins. But it just doesn't seem right to make fun of Tasmanians now after their historic win this week in the Pura Cup, so I hope I didn't spoil your euphoria.
    Take something slightly more intelligent and original to spoil our fun

I heard on ABC TV on Saturday that this is still very much on the cards. It was hinted that it was almost a done deal.
    Does God believe in Atheists?