View Poll Results: Rate the 2007 Member's Cap

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it; simple but elegant

19 36.54%
  • I'm sticking to the 2006 'clown' model

3 5.77%
  • My five year old could design a better one.

18 34.62%
  • When are they going to attach those flaps like Ivan Lendl used to wear?

5 9.62%
  • I'm sticking my ROK is hot badge on it.

7 13.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate the 2007 Member's Cap

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    Ive got to stick with the ROK badge as Ive lost my hat voucher :-(
    I don't like the hats much this year. The "Arsenal" red white red design seems to make my head look really broad & squished (insert comment from Cow here...... ) The make is different too. The peak is split into 3 thirds as opposed to a normal cap's 2 halves. Henceforth it tends to go down at a different angle from that of last year's hat. The white band in the middle in my view is too wide so it makes the hat looks out of whack.

Also it doesn't have the year on it as well. If the white band were narrower & there was more an emphasis on red than white, I think it would make us all look better in a group (ie a collective sea of red). It is still a high quality hat. I just don't like the way it looks when you put it on.

Maybe next year we can all get funky bucket hats instead? Or a scarf like Doggies Hawthorn or Melbourne members do. I've gotten fond of my red North Adelaide bucket hat. I might put a Swans logo on the back of it as well so it can suffice as a dual team hat.

Still the fact we get members hats are great. It is an idea the Swans started & other teams in other codes have all copied; Kings, Sydney Fc & most of the NRL clubs hand out members caps these days.

The amount of vivid colour you see in the stadium is just awesome. We have such an advantage over clubs with drab colours like West Coast that our red sticks out like a sore thumb, especially where there are 3 bays of us all sitting together like they were at the 2005/6 GFs.

Am I the only person who has about 8-9 Swans/AFL hats at the moment? Is choosing which one to wear an often troublesome experience?

JF
    Last edited by JF_Bay22_SCG; 6th April 2007 at 07:42 PM.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    I thought it was because they ordered a run of 100,000 or so and so they will hand out the same ones next year
    They hand out caps to all those backpackers who sit in Bay 21 as part of their game day package. That would be 300-500 caps per match.

Wonder if that lot will be able to come this season, considering Bay 21 is a pile of rubble these days.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    They hand out caps to all those backpackers who sit in Bay 21 as part of their game day package. That would be 300-500 caps per match.

Wonder if that lot will be able to come this season, considering Bay 21 is a pile of rubble these days.

JF
    It's probably still a step-up from their accomodation in Bondi
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I photocopied mine and gave out extra vouchers to a friend.Gave the one from my Melbourne membership & gave it to The Undetaker. Got bought drinks afterwards so my fiendish deeds were well worth it.
    Little wonder membership is expensive.

You are a total knob.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    I rekon the hat style looks like something that the rednecks down in the south of the USA would wear.(Makes your forehead look high). I hate it, but after a dozen washes and get a bit of dirt on it, it might scrub up OK!
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Little wonder membership is expensive.

You are a total knob.
    Yep, from the man who loves to point out how much He Supports His Club. How one can claim to support a club and then steal from it is beyond comprehension.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Also it doesn't have the year on it as well.
    JF

My guess here is that whatever doesn`t get sold this year can be off loaded next year. Bit rough. IMO the o6` one is the best. My young bloke got a cap from the Swan shop in 05` which is majority red. That one`s OK as well. It`s manly that high bit in the front of the new one I can`t stand. Anyway, my missus likes it so shes gunna wear it. And she`s a Docker!!!!!!!!
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Waiting for the call!
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Yep, from the man who loves to point out how much He Supports His Club. How one can claim to support a club and then steal from it is beyond comprehension.
    All gone quiet
    All gone quiet
    All gone quiet over there.

What? No justification?!?
    "You got .. rock 'n roll eyes ..!"

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AFL-Sydney-Sw...QQcmdZViewItem

Ok, so who is it? Own up, will you?

I reckon it could be Swansrock4eva personally. She NEVER wears caps (BUT did wear a beanie one night, which from memory did look pretty hilarious! )

JF

Someone has also been selling their stickers, back packs and kids kits.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I still prefer the design of the 2004 cap. Its then one I prefer to wear when not at the game.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AFL-Sydney-Sw...QQcmdZViewItem

Ok, so who is it? Own up, will you?

JF
    That's a good idea! I have so many Swans caps that I never wear I might sell off a few!
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast