Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leo Barry

Blog Entries
    Pretty accurate Nico.
    Being away from Richo, was obviously a load of his shoulders.

He also punched twice in the last qtr, when he could've easily marked both.

The day he learns to run in a relatively straight line he'll be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    and everyone else...
    Having a different view is a crime now...?

I don't think he's adding a great deal. Can't really play on the big guys now. His run from the back line is never straight, often crazy, makes it difficult for the rest of the team. Disposal mixed. Decision making questionable. If he becomes a half back flanker again, we should look for someone else who could deliver more value.
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 7th April 2007 at 10:40 PM.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by Pommie Swannie View Post
    Can't argue with well-argued logic like that!
    I don't think you understand 'argument' or 'logic'...

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Having a different view is a crime now...?
    I didn't say that, there's no need to resort to sarcasm.

Waiting for the call!
    I don't think you understand 'argument' or 'logic'...
    Quite sure I do, but thank you for your concern.

So often you use fatuous arguments punctuated with 'rolleyes' as if to show disdain and highlight your position of superior logic. I was merely pointing out that a statement that Leo should retire, without any further support was bizarre at best (unless of course you had neglected to select a 'tounge-in-cheek icon?)
    "You got .. rock 'n roll eyes ..!"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I didn't say that, there's no need to resort to sarcasm.
    LOL! Pfft :rollyes:

"more great advice from you mate "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He kicks a long way so why doesn't he spot up a forward on a lead or kick it over the pack so one of ours can run onto the footy.
    It concerns me too Nico - he is one of the best kicks at the club, but likes to handball to the stationary man in traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Pommie Swannie View Post
    So often you use fatuous arguments punctuated with 'rolleyes' as if to show disdain and highlight your position of superior logic.
    Oh - "so often" - really...?

I was merely pointing out that a statement that Leo should retire, without any further support was bizarre at best (unless of course you had neglected to select a 'tounge-in-cheek icon?)
    Is that all you were "merely" doing...? I've commented a number of times before that I think his game will deteriorate and may need to look at retiring at the end of the year.

On the Rookie List
    I thought Leo played one of the best games he has played in a while. He did not play a loose man in defence. He was playing on Schultz. You know Roosey plays one-on-one. We never play a loose man in defence. As for Leo's runs and handballs, why would he just kick it to a contest and turn it over. He draws a player and then handballs it on. Most of the time it works.

Can't believe some of you really think he should retire. That is really harsh. Maybe you have visual problems!

I am sure Leo would love to play in the back pocket all the time and not as an undersized FB but I don't think he has that choice. He is told where to play.

Well done Leo. Think you had a great game.

Waiting for the call!
    Oh - "so often" - really...?

Is that all you were "merely" doing...? I've commented a number of times before that I think his game will deteriorate and may need to look at retiring at the end of the year.
    So why not state that in your post? Or are all your posts meant to be read in context with all previous ones? Silly me for not having researched your particular position on this!
    "You got .. rock 'n roll eyes ..!"

On the Rookie List
    Well done Leo in getting in the best players. You deserved it. Was not the only one who thought so!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    As for Leo's runs and handballs, why would he just kick it to a contest and turn it over. He draws a player and then handballs it on. Most of the time it works.
    A lot of the time it doesn't. He rarely hand passes to a moving player, because he takes so long to get rid of it. He is a good kick, why not kick to a leading player, or someone in the clear? Not every kick has to be to contest, and not every contest is a turn over

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast