Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leo Barry

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRV05 View Post
    Our problem isn't Leo. I would love to see Leo run around for another 3 years, thing about Leo is is gives 100%. Yes he stuffs up ut i would rather a LEO stuff up than a ben Matthews Quality possession. When Roos Waes up and gets rid of the Weights holding this team down (Matthews,J. Bolton) we will be in btte shape.
    I believe that Jude will come good sooner rather than later, but I have to agree with you about Ben, I have been patient with him for a long time now but can see no light at the end of the tunnel. BTW, I think Leo is still going strong and is a vital piece of our backline, maybe not as important as Craig Bolton, but still valuable fo a while yet.

I thought this was one of his better games, not great but certainly better than he has been going.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Annieswan - to say the 05 mark has gone to his head is so harsh. Leo Barry is not like that at all. Obviously you must know him personally. Leo has played like that for years now and has got the job done. All his handballs, kicks hit targets yesterday and he played well. You should be happy we won. I thought leo's disposal was better than Craig Bolton's yesterday. Overall I think our whole backline was really good.

Leo is definitely no big head and I don't think he is actually trying to be fancy. That is the way he plays and Roosey seems fine with it. They always handball out of the backline or kick sideways until someone presents on the wing. Leo actually draws and player when he does this.

You can always make your point without being so harsh.

Sometimes I think that Leo is a frustrated rugby league player wanting to throw the dummy and have a bit of a run, but when he's on, he's on - I though he was Ok yesterday - way better than last week anyway.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Very close to TLM votes for me.

20 possessions after being busted open early and headbutted by Krakouer as well () is a pretty good effort in my book.
    And Benny made a couple of mistakes and went backwards once or twice too often, but anyone who can find the ball 24 times has had a pretty good day as well IMO.

Having said that, we were a fair way below our best.
    I see it as 4 points we had to work a little too hard for against vastly inferior opposition.
    That's not a negative, it's a positive that we once again managed to win without playing anywhere near our best.
    Let's just all pray for Barry Hall's knee and forget about laying into Leo.
    I'll end this with the immortal statement.

"Leo Barry, You Star!"
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Maybe being at the game gives a different perspective to watching it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    Leo still thinks he is the hero of the 05 GF, and he was a hero that day for a second. I was hoping the bump to the head he took today would knock some sense into him, but alas it didn't.

He is a selfish player, and when he has the ball he is as good as Ben Matthews at finding a swans player. He would rather just try and be fancy and today it cost us at least one goal.
    how many goals does Barry Hall cost us when tries to stemroll over the opposition instead of passing off to a team mate in a better position? That would make him a selfish player too wouldn't it?

Leo plays the same every week, so I don't know why being at yesterdays game compared to watching on tv has any relevance to Alison's comments not being correct compared to yours.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

Quote Originally Posted by BAM_BAM View Post
    how many goals does Barry Hall cost us when tries to stemroll over the opposition instead of passing off to a team mate in a better position?
    I actually think the way he charges the opposition and gives the old "don't argue" is a set play to create a loose man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanecow View Post
    I actually think the way he charges the opposition and gives the old "don't argue" is a set play to create a loose man!

and Leo running at the opposition and drawing them in to open up space and create run is different how?
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

and Leo running at the opposition and drawing them in to open up space and create run is different how?
    Perhaps it isn't. No need to get aggressive.

On the Rookie List
    Did I do that?

Arguments seem to have gone a little askew - I was also at the game and thought that Leo put in a good performance.

For that matter thought that our all time favourite Mathews also performed quite admirably.

If Leo stuffs up in the backline then the opposisito have a set shot from close to goal, if Baz gives away a free this usually won't happen as I don't think I have seen Baz try it from full back.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast