Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles after salary cap relief for Cousins saga

Quote Originally Posted by Marry me Goodes View Post
    I read it to mean they dont want the money they have spent on his rehabilitation to be included in the cap.

If they want the money back they can get stuffed, but that's not how I understood it.
    I read it exactly the same way and agree with you. I don't see any reason why the payments to the rehab clinic should be included in the cap but any request for relief in terms of his salary payments should be treated with the contempt it deserves. I can't see the Eagles being brazen enough to try it either. They'd have to know which way the wind of public sentiment is blowing on this one.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Rehab bills would come under medical costs mmm?

And medical costs are as far as i know also included in the salary cap.

Neither should be.

Living in 2005
    Compulsory insurance would cover injuries, so therefore wouldn't dent the salary cap as such (i.e a Knee injury in round 10 would have already been factored in via insurance premiums)

They are basically paying a personal bill for him, which has to be included in the salary cap. Their salary cap must be very tight for them to be requesting this, and it would also suggest that Cousins is not losing any of his salary this year while he is in rehab.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    As I read it, they have not asked for money. They have asked to exclude the payments from salary cap calculations. Or does 'relief' mean they want reimbursment? Not a very clear article.
    That's how I read it too. I don't see an issue with it, just a case of journos trying to drag the story out?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Obviously Ben left some Ice behind before going to rehab, no way in hell should they get compensated for a problem they knew about but chose to sweep under the carpet, until it all came back and bit them on the arse.
    All I can say is KARMA.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

No way in the world should they received any type of financial compensation for this. Rather, they should be fined for not having done something about it sooner and bringing the game into disrepute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12