Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Darren Jollys' 100th game as well don't forget...

Blog Entries
    My daughter has nicknamed him "thumbly" since GF day, but he is still her fav player.

Veterans List
    His best game in ages today - lots of great work around the ground & covered when Spida had a quiet first half. Good effort!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Congratulations Darren. You may not be flavour of the month on RWO at the moment, but many of us remember the enormous contribution you have put in since joining the swans.

Remember he was our only ruckman for most of 2006. I think the workload took its toll by the end.

He'll be back to form soon enough.
    Last week I thought he should have been playing in the ressies. This week I was eating my words, I had him in my best, and that mark he took in the first....pity he didn't convert it for full points.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think Spida is inspiring a greater effort around the ground. However I'm not sure this is a good thing as he is not a very good user of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I think Spida is inspiring a greater effort around the ground. However I'm not sure this is a good thing as he is not a very good user of the ball.
    I think you're right on both counts there.

At least if he does more around the ground he can take some marks or compete in marking contests. Hopefully he'll learn to handball more.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I thought his disposal last week was very good for a bigman. He linked well through the middle with handball and showed decent skills by foot, regularly hitting players on the chest with short but rapid fire kicks.

Wasn't as good today, agreed, but he's still probably a bit rusty, notwithstanding last week's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought his disposal last week was very good for a bigman. He linked well through the middle with handball and showed decent skills by foot, regularly hitting players on the chest with short but rapid fire kicks.

Wasn't as good today, agreed, but he's still probably a bit rusty, notwithstanding last week's performance.
    I think Ugg is saying that Spida is inspiring Jolly to put in a greater effort etc.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I was alluding more to his decision making than his kicking skills, which are okay. If he can't get a quick handball off to a running player, than I feel he is too slow or not good enough to spot an open man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123