Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheer squad and the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Matt, that's a ridiculous edit.

Maybe I should say something non-offensive like 'All those black people look the same to me'.

Mate,

I would be very careful to accuse me of making a racial comment when my comment made was totally innocent and said because from a distance I could not make out if he was Indigenious to Australia or from Sri Lanka. Is that racist, I think not.

Anyway, see my PM regarding the edit.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Mate,

I would be very careful to accuse me of making a racial comment when my comment made was totally innocent and said because from a distance I could not make out if he was Indigenious to Australia or from Sri Lanka. Is that racist, I think not.

Anyway, see my PM regarding the edit.
    The exact quote was "All those black people look the same I reckon", agreed, slightly different to the "All those black people look the same to me" which I quoted.

Did you say that? No you didn't, so what makes you think I accused you of making racist comments?

So, you appear to think that is a racist comment then. My point exactly, this selective moderating rears it's head again.

Oh and the 'I would be very careful' routine. Please
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by swansrock4eva View Post
    Regardless of the reason why, I'd suggest sending one anyway - you're a member, you're not happy, let them know why you aren't happy and they can get back to you with why they can or can't do something to change your feelings on the matter.
    I just sent this, we'll await their reply:

Hi guys,

Prompted by a discussion between fellow members I sit with, I asked on a fan website, RWO, asking some cheer squad members the reasons why they don?t lower and move the banner around so everybody in the different parts of the ground gets a chance to see it, as it was in ?the good old days?. The cheer squad members claimed that they are just not given enough time on the ground prior to the players running out to lower it, move it thru 180 degrees and raise it again.

Now this certainly isn?t a big issue, but a few of us were a little disappointed on the weekend that we didn?t see MOL?s 250th banner. We were speaking earlier in the day between our group, reminiscing about his first game that most of us can remember being at the game.

In view of the club obviously taking the tradition of the banner seriously, to the point of running a competition to ?Write the Banner? on the official website, perhaps latitude could be given to let the cheer squad on the ground a bit earlier on the understanding they rotate the banner, weather conditions permitting.

Don?t forget, we have PAYING members in ALL parts of the ground. I?d imagine the sponsors who support the club financially would like their message delivered to the whole crowd as well, rather than whichever side the cheer squad happen to put up.

Looking forward to a reply,

Cheers

The exact quote was "All those black people look the same I reckon", agreed, slightly different to the "All those black people look the same to me" which I quoted.

Did you say that? No you didn't, so what makes you think I accused you of making racist comments?

So, you appear to think that is a racist comment then. My point exactly, this selective moderating rears it's head again.

Oh and the 'I would be very careful' routine. Please

Firstly my apologies for thinking your remark re the above was directed at me...it wasn't.

If you are unhappy with a post like the one you quoted please report it and then we can deal with it.
    Swannies for life!

Having seen the original post I am surprised it had to be edited at all. I thought it was quite funny.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Firstly my apologies for thinking your remark re the above was directed at me...it wasn't.

If you are unhappy with a post like the one you quoted please report it and then we can deal with it.
    Matt, no problems.

Just let me state I wasn't in the least bit unhappy with the post and would never even contemplate reporting it. I just thought that the post of mine you elected to edit was hardly in need of editing especially in view of the other post which was deemed OK to stay.

Let's move on.

Of the 24K there today, about 5K would have been able to see what was written on the banner for Magics 250th and Jollys 100th (although I note when watching the replay that no mention was made of Bolton's 100th Sydney game).
    The reason why all the milestones could not be mentioned is that we only have a limited amount of space for wording as we need to leave room for the players to be able to get through without decapitating themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12