Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwest Jets claim 1st win

Norwest Jets claim 1st win

Pekay,
    I see that scores from Penrith for this game were scraped after half-time?!?!?
    Can you elaborate further, and I'm assuming there would have been much spite in the game too (ex-St. Clair players up against the rams). Any reports or incidents that came out of the game??

Senior Player
    Pekay told me that after half time Penrith piled on 4 quick goals but a head count discovered they were playing with 19 on the field thus resulting in their score being returned to zero and handing the Jets their first win.

Warming the Bench
    Correct.

Score was scrapped about 20 minutes into the third quarter with Penrith leading by 4 goals. By our estimation the extra player was on the ground for between 30-40 seconds. The problem had been noted and the player was in the process of trying to leave the ground but was beaten to it by the call for the count. It would be a bit misleading to suggest that it had made any difference, however, rules are rules so you have to cop it.

Managed 2.11 after that so I think the boys were a bit rattled which is understandable.

Senior Player
    Pekay did say he felt they got out of jail. Should make for an interesting return match.

Very diplomatic reply DLH,it wldve crushed the boys,and my god they were coming hard,but it seemed there was a loose player out there for longer than that.Riff played very well.but as stated,rules are rules.two reports to both coaches,my 1st since 18s!i'm working on my defence now!i dint see him!Sash it was fair play most of day.few late hits but thats expected wen the Jets play Penrith.return game will be interesting,we had 12 out of 1sts but really,we were lucky,and they were unlucky.thats Footy i guess

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Very diplomatic reply DLH,it wldve crushed the boys,and my god they were coming hard,but it seemed there was a loose player out there for longer than that.Riff played very well.but as stated,rules are rules.two reports to both coaches,my 1st since 18s!i'm working on my defence now!i dint see him!Sash it was fair play most of day.few late hits but thats expected wen the Jets play Penrith.return game will be interesting,we had 12 out of 1sts but really,we were lucky,and they were unlucky.thats Footy i guess
    Oh well mate, there's not much else you can do.

As you can appreciate there has been an internal review of what happened to try and put processes in place to prevent it from happening again, and the coaching staff have pinpointed it to the 30-40 seconds as mentioned. I can only go off what they've said, but they could be wrong. They've taken full responsibilty for the blunder anyway so we move on.

The guys played well, but like you we've been decimated a bit, half of last years senior side have gone, including six to Penno. Two of those walked straight into their flag winning side for Round One so it's been a big drain on our top end talent.

Looked like a good hard game from what I saw, but overall it's pleasing to have the Jets back in Div One to resume old rivalries and all that.

Good also to see the 18's coming together and doing OK. They haven't had a win yet but have come up against the top three first up so that should change.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Pekay,
    I see that scores from Penrith for this game were scraped after half-time?!?!?
    Can you elaborate further, and I'm assuming there would have been much spite in the game too (ex-St. Clair players up against the rams). Any reports or incidents that came out of the game??

Sasha I would expect round 5 to be the spitefull match given the number of St Clair players now with Parra. From my understanding Parra benefitted the most from the demise of St Clair not the Jets.

the question is anyone going to be able to beat the bats this year???

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by carnthebats View Post

Probably not in 1st div.

Quote Originally Posted by carnthebats View Post
    Yes.with a great big Bat flogging stick.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Geez the SAFL is tough l really feel for you Pekay.

Don't you mean 6 out as don't you all have 2 heads?
    Last edited by rooboy; 11th May 2007 at 05:20 PM.

Pushing for Selection
    Is there a misprint in the qtr by qtr scores on the sydneyafl website DLH, or did you blokes get your score reset for the 2nd week in a row ?!?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast