Thread: Gary Ablett...God?, Yes!

Gary Ablett...God?, Yes!

Gary Ablett (AFL) - Geelong vs Hawthorn Grand Final 1989

Ablett's 9 goal GF effort.

Why can't we play like this??? Not one of those goals would have been scored if Ablett was in this Swans outfit.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Blog Entries
    Most of the goals it was one on one football. No Flooding.

The two that weren't was were he grabbed it out of the throw in, and the one where there was a player blocking the hole in front of him so he put the knees in his back, and took the mark. Classic footy.
    He also benefitted from the likes of Hocking and Couch, delivering it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Most of the goals it was one on one football. No Flooding.

The two that weren't was were he grabbed it out of the throw in, and the one where there was a player blocking the hole in front of him so he put the knees in his back, and took the mark. Classic footy.
    He also benefitted from the likes of Hocking and Couch, delivering it to him.
    Alot of it was just fast movement of the ball and kicking long to a contest. A couple of good pack marks though, and the snap from throw in...!!!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Gary Ablett (AFL) - Geelong vs Hawthorn Grand Final 1989

Ablett's 9 goal GF effort.

Why can't we play like this??? Not one of those goals would have been scored if Ablett was in this Swans outfit.
    No one plays like that anymore! You look at the scoreline and can tell its from a different era:

Hawthorn 21.18 (144) df Geelong 21.12 (138)

And to think we won a flag by kicking just 8 goals
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veterans List
    It's like a footy clinic isn't it? Would we let this particular "d***head" into the Bloods? You bet we bloody would!!

I was at that GF, and apart from 2005, for obvious reasons, it is the best GF I can remember seeing live, Gary Ablett was incredible. I thought on the day it was a pity that the Cats didn't win the flag given how well Ablett played.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Without a question in my mind, Gary Ablett Snr is the best footballer I've ever seen.