Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tickets for sat

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Last week i sat down with the CS and just flashed my membership card and presto i was in.IMO if your not a member youshouldnt be on this site.
    I'm a Sydney member. We don't get access to melbourne games
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post

That's just wrong.... As a melbourne member, i used to get a sydney game (or two) in the package??? Surely it should be reciprocal??? After all, we have the fewest home games of any AFL team in the comp but still pay MORE for membership!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I'm glad you are other wise i would have told your a dick because you have been on the wrong fan site.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Will be there, Aisle 6 on the fence!!
    Swannies for life!

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    That's just wrong.... As a melbourne member, i used to get a sydney game (or two) in the package??? Surely it should be reciprocal??? After all, we have the fewest home games of any AFL team in the comp but still pay MORE for membership!!
    Melbourne members this year get access to the Telstra Stadium games in Sydney.

Sydney members used to get a discount at away games in Melbourne but that was scraped about 5 or so years ago (maybe more actually, last discount I remember getting was against the Dogs at Waverley in the late 90's)

I can't see many Melbourne clubs agreeing to the Swans giving up to 20,000 Sydney members access to their home games!, but a discount to reward being a member would be nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Melbourne members this year get access to the Telstra Stadium games in Sydney.
    Not all Melbourne.

I seem to post this every game we play at the Dome but no one seems to pay attention, but I will try again.

Outside of games against both Essendon or Collingwood, anyone purchasing a GA ticket to sit on level 3 just ask the ticket seller if you can get a seat near the Swans cheersquad (which will be at the Bourke Street end again) on level 1 and every time they will give you one.

They don't advertise it, but all you have to do is ask becuase the Dome don't like to see empty seats on level 1, looks bad on TV. This always works for games against Richmond, Kanga's, Melbourne, Carlton and St Kilda.

That way you get a seat at ground level and you will be with other Swans supporters, simple.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I seem to post this every game we play at the Dome but no one seems to pay attention, but I will try again.

Outside of games against both Essendon or Collingwood, anyone purchasing a GA ticket to sit on level 3 just ask the ticket seller if you can get a seat near the Swans cheersquad (which will be at the Bourke Street end again) on level 1 and every time they will give you one.

They don't advertise it, but all you have to do is ask becuase the Dome don't like to see empty seats on level 1, looks bad on TV. This always works for games against Richmond, Kanga's, Melbourne, Carlton and St Kilda.

That way you get a seat at ground level and you will be with other Swans supporters, simple.

DST
    Scott and I did this last week - Works a treat - Just a reminder, if they have trouble with the barcodes (as they will scan your membership), tell them to scan the Melbourne barcode ...

For those from interstate, gate 5 at the dome will be your easiest access into the dome, and the shortest walk to the area where most Swans fans (should) be ... Scott and I will probably be outside gate 5 at some stage before the game - Just look for the two guys in Red and White ...

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    woo come and sit down in the CS area theres plenty of us knuckle heads there.

I don't think you'll be as able to sit in the vicnity of the CS as many were last week. It is St Kilda NOT North Melbourne & I'm expecting a crowd of 45000+. You can try & reserve a seat behind us. I'm assuming we are at the left of screen (Coventry) end but I'm not 100% certain.

Check Ticketmaster & see what you can do.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Bay22_SCG View Post
    I don't think you'll be as able to sit in the vicnity of the CS as many were last week. It is St Kilda NOT North Melbourne & I'm expecting a crowd of 45000+. You can try & reserve a seat behind us. I'm assuming we are at the left of screen (Coventry) end but I'm not 100% certain.

Check Ticketmaster & see what you can do.

JF
    JF the bays around the Swans cheersquad are not areas covered by the home teams members.

Almost all the Saints supporters who go will be members and it is very unlikely that Swans supporters will pre purchase tickets before the night as the Melbourne members seem to be happy to rock up and sit on level 3.

I tell you every time this works and it will be the same again on Saturday night as the Dome does not want spare seats on the bottom level.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I can't see many Melbourne clubs agreeing to the Swans giving up to 20,000 Sydney members access to their home games!, but a discount to reward being a member would be nice.
    Damn right we should get a discount. I'm travelling to four Melb games, two Canberra games and a Brisbane game this year! It's the least I should get for my troubles (actually, no, a win each time is all I really want).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12