Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3-4 and we going nowhere....where is plan b

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Welcome aboard - it's cathartic after nights like this! .
    It's the only reason I'm here right now. That and the need to share my pain.

There is no plan B till we get to the point of no return

If,and I doubt it,Roos does give some youngsters another go,he's got to give them a good run.Twenty minutes is a joke and an insult to a player.Other teams have actually named young players in the 18 and from what I have seen they certainly get plenty of game time so they can get the feel of the level.An example was on Friday night with Houli at Essendon.The kid worked his butt off as he would have wanted to impress and at times he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivien View Post
    I don't think you can compare our situation now to that of 5 years ago. In 2002 we underwent a bit of a rebuilding phase with several key players on the way out. At the moment, we are a team of premiership players (minus a few) who are out of form. Different situations entirely.

I think it's a bit early to be talking about tanking games. If we can grind out a couple of wins over the next few weeks and get our key position players into a bit of form, we'll be right.

We're probably only one year away from being in the 2002 position - where Kelly, Schwass, Dunkley and Cresswell were nearly done then, Everitt, O'Loughlin and Barry are nearly gone, and Kirk and Hall only have a few years left as well. What's more, in 2002 we had the likes of Kennelly, Goodes and O'Keefe on the rise, and Hall, Barry, O'Loughlin, Bolton and Kirk were at their peak.

Hindsight will be a lot clearer, but are the likes of Schneider, Malceski, Ablett, Buchanan, Richards and McVeigh - all in their early-to-mid 20s - in that same class?

Leaving at least some significant steps toward rebuilding much longer could lead to a much worse situation than 2002.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    If,and I doubt it,Roos does give some youngsters another go,he's got to give them a good run.Twenty minutes is a joke and an insult to a player.Other teams have actually named young players in the 18 and from what I have seen they certainly get plenty of game time so they can get the feel of the level.An example was on Friday night with Houli at Essendon.The kid worked his butt off as he would have wanted to impress and at times he did.
    Interesting comments. When Roos took over he said he was going to show them how to play the game and develop footballers. I am now starting to wonder whether he has both will or know how to coach and develop young players. He was able to mould a group of players with a few younger players filtering into the team, but his desire to bring back Crouch (unfit no pre season) recruit Everitt and Richards and return the inept Bevan to the team at the expense of a young footballer tells me he doesn't have the will and is an incredibally conservative coach unwilling to dvelop and take the risk with even a couple of young players. To promote Jack from the Rookie list to me doesn't make sense given the type of player he is. Is that taking a risk or plain not knowing strengths and weaknesses.

we are on the same standing as 2005 at the moment after 7 rounds. I think the next 4 weeks tell the story. At our best, we should win all 4. We really must beat the power, it is one of the most important games we have had in recent years. I am hopefull it can be the start of our season and we can win 3 of the next 4 minimum if we do that and get some form back, up until west coast at subiaco we have some winnable games. If we cannot start winning in the next 4 weeks, then its time to cut some players, mix it up and try something else.
    Theres not much left to say

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12