Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-4 and we going nowhere....where is plan b

Smile 3-4 and we going nowhere....where is plan b

I hope Roosy and the match committee read this , but then again with what we seeing and how we playing I dont think anyone does.
    what an aberation of a game tonight was.
    How Hallcentric are we , we do have other forwards BUT WE NEVER SEEM TO KICK THE BALL TOWARD THEM...case Nick Davis , and do we miss Tadhg badly, and we make Richmond look good with our clanger count, we cant find a target , we kick to the opposition , we get towelled up , we miss tackles, we let out man run off usour oppostion seem more desperate than us and seem harder at it, where is this blood culture , we are being beaten at out own game and DO NOT HAVE A PLAN B ...should I carry on.
    Where to now its clear we have been beaten at our own game by the Crows , Kangas and now St Kilda.How good did it look the few times we belted the ball forward from th ruck its so much easier to score goals when you going forward than going sideways , we 3-4 playing absolute rubbish id rather see us lose playing attractive football which we arent even doing.
    Of the seven game are s there havent been many who have impressed. Hall, Goodes are down on form and Hally is being double tagged all the time yet we still go for him as a target all the time , sometimes i think we are dumb.
    ROK so far you on target for B and F, Malceski you a gun, the ruck is doing fine , B2 is ok as in Leo, and Kirky does his job, and Davo when he gets the ball , Benny is ok , and young Jack will be a good player...........now the rest
    Lots of average then we have the boo boys ..........GET RID OF Mc Veigh you are crap, always thought it and you are proving it , Richards was great in the gf but since then you have not stepped up except go backwards.Crouch is very underdone, B2 very ordinary, Fossie also ordinary, Bucky needs to think a bit more and try to do less with the ball just find a man you not quick enough to do what you do, why was Bevan brought in you offered nothing, why we so insistent in closing teams done why not bring in players who will create space and run and lead to us scoring goals.
    Now for next week can we bring in either Doyle or Vogels who can take a mark. Bring back Schmidt why he was ommitted I am still scratching my head, Laidlaw must get a go, and maybe some mongrel at the back big Jesse is he ready.
    We seem to be kicking better on goal .......now the next issue skill, lets learn how to kick and handball to our man who is in a better position, we so dont read the game most of the time.Me miss so many targets and our clagers as Ive said are close to Richmond and that is bad very bad, tirnover , being pinged htb silly erors which at elite level or for a premiership challenging team which we clearly arent at the momenet is inexcusable.
    Time to wake up now or its going to be a frustrating season and a very short September.
    Hopefully we turn it around from next week and start playing the football we capable of with some changes which are seriously needed , its clear now we need some changes and fresh faces.

Senior Player
    We are now 10th on the ladder with 11th looming when the Bulldogs beat Melbourne tomorrow. I feel we are at a similar stage to where we were when Roos took over from Eade, losing games by just a little. Probably our time is over and nearly time to start tanking for good draft picks like Richmond. Only compensation is that we made two GF's in a row, won one and came within a whisker of a second (unlike Richmond). When Collingwood made their 2 GF's they went down and are now starting to go up again. I think that Brisbane were just so good that 3 - 4 Grand Finals has now become the bench mark when 1 or 2 would have previously been fantastic.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I feel we are at a similar stage to where we were when Roos took over from Eade, losing games by just a little. Probably our time is over and nearly time to start tanking for good draft picks like Richmond.
    I don't think you can compare our situation now to that of 5 years ago. In 2002 we underwent a bit of a rebuilding phase with several key players on the way out. At the moment, we are a team of premiership players (minus a few) who are out of form. Different situations entirely.

I think it's a bit early to be talking about tanking games. If we can grind out a couple of wins over the next few weeks and get our key position players into a bit of form, we'll be right.

Way too early to talk about tanking. However, I think we are on the downward slide. We need to get a number of younger players through the senor side this year so they can become effective next year and the year after. We need to do what Brisbane and Port are doing, otherwise we will suffer the fate of Essendon.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

The next 4 games will decide our season. They are all winable if the swans of the last 2 years played. They are all losable if we play like the last 2 games.

If we are still 10th at the half way mark of the season, then its rebuild time. But I doubt Roos will do it. He's not here for the long term.

Certainly all winnable, but equally all losable. I can't pick any of our games now.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If we are still 10th at the half way mark of the season, then its rebuild time. But I doubt Roos will do it. He's not here for the long term.
    No, he wont. Roos has said before that he doesn't believe long term strategies work in Sydney, because the market here is such that public interest will dwindle if we don't at least make the finals each year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Certainly all winnable, but equally all losable. I can't pick any of our games now.
    We should win three of our next four games, at least. But, like you, I can't pick what we'll win. If we play with the lack of skill and the lack of heart we showed tonight, we could easily lose all of them.

One down three to go. As I said in another thread this game counted as a very important one and if the Swans don't win next three, top 4 will be definitely out of reach.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    We should win three of our next four games, at least. But, like you, I can't pick what we'll win. If we play with the lack of skill and the lack of heart we showed tonight, we could easily lose all of them.
    But we really should have won tonight. I rate St Kilda and the good version of the Swans as pretty even teams. And with their injury list being more significant than ours and the Saints playing hot and cold footy so far this season, this game was most certainly winnable. After all, they were given a lesson last week in how to attack the footy and promised us redemption this week.

Last week's effort was bloody brilliant in comparison to the slop served up in that second half.

I'm with Bloods. Can't pick any of the next few. And Port and the Dogs are two of the quicker teams going around and will run Sydney off their feet if
    a) they don't win their own ball out of the centre - which means someone other than Kirk has to at least try to win a clearance; and
    b) use the ball well when they have it.

The despair I feel towards the team and the general coaching approach is such that I have been compelled to find a chat room...

For three seasons we have relied upon three players to actually get the ball for us - Goodes, Bolton and Kirk. The rest of the midfield have been used as stoppers. In the current circumstances only one of those three is actually getting the ball the other two are being played either out of position or out of form. The consequence is that we are repeatedly chasing tails and when we need to win the game we have no-one going to get the ball.

Rule changes have operated against us each year - for example there were numerous occasions when saints players were tackled and the ball "jolted" free (more accurately was dropped or thrown) where swans players were often pinged for holding the ball by not dropping the ball.

The defence has begun most attacks by winning or marking in most one on one contests - but the rule changes have operated against both Barry and Bolton in a manner which have prevented their superior ground skills from operating to the same degree.

The loss of kennelly has meant that we desperately need schneider and malceski in the backline to distribute but neither are as quick nor quick thinking.

O'Loughlin is struggling, Hall is struggling. But we are so one dimensional and SOOOOOOOO slow into the forward line. There were a number of occasions when everitt was one out in the goal square and hall was double-teamed and yet we choose to chip to hall rather than kick it to everitt. and the number of times when the midfielder choose not to release the ball to wait and wait and wait - and our skills are not what they were in 2003/4/5

finally goodes appears to believe the hype - he is desperately out of form at present

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    The despair I feel towards the team and the general coaching approach is such that I have been compelled to find a chat room...
    Welcome aboard - it's cathartic after nights like this!

O'Loughlin is struggling, Hall is struggling. But we are so one dimensional and SOOOOOOOO slow into the forward line. There were a number of occasions when everitt was one out in the goal square and hall was double-teamed and yet we choose to chip to hall rather than kick it to everitt. and the number of times when the midfielder choose not to release the ball to wait and wait and wait
    A few times I screamed for them to kick to Everitt in the goal square, or not to kick it to Hall and all his opponents, or not to kick it wide and go straight instead, etc...
    Last edited by NMWBloods; 13th May 2007 at 12:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast