Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McVeigh

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by DurrrtySouth View Post
    because he's no good
    and I seriously hope it's "just a phase he is going through".
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

okay.. i've been on the drop mcveigh band wagon since round 1 but i've decided to change my tune...

he's got potential so i'm gonna stick with him for a bit... anyone want to join?

McVeigh is pathetic, terrible skills, constant clangers, no hardness. I hope he rots in the seconds for rest off his career.

The restaurant at the end of the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It must get to a stage where confidence is so low that its not going to return by being on the receiving end of more of the same. I'm not prepared to consign him to the recycling bin by a long way yet, but give him a couple of weeks to get leather poisoning in Canberra, with almost no defensive responsibility, and the chance to put in one of those 6 goal / 40 possession performances that he and Malceski used to rack up before they cemented their spots in the senior team. Let him go back and have some fun playing football again. It may be all he needs.
    Agreed. And I think that the frustration being felt by many would be alleviated if there was some form of acknowledgement of poor form through action of the match commitee, rather than simple platitudes from the coach.

At some point underperforming players must go back to the 2's, if only to provide inspiration for those already struggling there. What is the point of the 2's if senior players cannot be dropped to provide chances for the newer players? I've not seen much of the seconds over the last few years, but it is quite clear many posters are of the opinion that there are some there that at least deserve a chance at senior level.
    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Veterans List
    I'd be surprised if he isn't dropped this week. It's so obvious that he's lost all confidence in his footy. Making no impact as a tagger & with Bolton already a lost soul wandering aimlessly in the forward line, they can't afford another lame duck up there.

That said, if he is dropped, he'll need to be replaced by another tagger, probably Moore, which I suspect won't delight many people on this forum. Will depend on the match-ups as always - perhaps a week's reprieve to take on Burgoyne Jr?

I've been a long time McVeigh supporter - thought he was pretty good last year, but he's certainly running out of tickets. He might benefit from a week in the reserves - get heaps of the pill and get some confidence back.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I'd be surprised if he isn't dropped this week. It's so obvious that he's lost all confidence in his footy. Making no impact as a tagger & with Bolton already a lost soul wandering aimlessly in the forward line, they can't afford another lame duck up there.

That said, if he is dropped, he'll need to be replaced by another tagger, probably Moore, which I suspect won't delight many people on this forum. Will depend on the match-ups as always - perhaps a week's reprieve to take on Burgoyne Jr?
    I think the inclusion off Moore would be great, and he cant do any worse than Mcveigh...

If Moore and Schmidt can't get a game ahead of McVeigh then their careers must be in serious trouble.

Worst recruit - Mc Veigh or Scott Russell ??

What a contest....Mc Veigh versus Russell (remember him) out on the wing together....no 'hardball gets' here !! Plenty of ..'shirking the contest'.
    One was a disastrous trade, the other a wasted 1st round pick.....they both make the Bomford trade look good !! Not to mention Ryan O'Connor !!
    And who could forget the great Dion Myles??

McVeigh is a frustrating player.His pace is possibly what's keeping him in the team.Yes,he stuffs up a lot of the time but he does do some handy things as well.He contributed yesterday with two goals.On the other hand I think Moore or Schmidt could take his place.McVeigh is more of an athlete than the other two who are genuine footballers. Moore is very quick off the mark and has a good footy brain and Schmidt can do the brilliant thing when needed.He is very handy around goals.Both Timmy and Moorey are definately physically stronger that McVeigh.

Gary Lyon said
    McVeigh is on fire today,he's kept the AFL NAB rising star to just 3 touches halfway through the 3rd.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    and I seriously hope it's "just a phase he is going through".
    He's not a blood. No-no.

It's just a phase he's going through....

This post brought to you by 10cc.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast