Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: state of origin

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Think that was the Victoria 2 team, similiar to what Tasmania beat in the early 90's.

Two divisions, Tasmania V NSW NT V ACT QLD V WA and the big one at the MCG would be Vic V SA. All as one off matches.

You get Tassie playing with all the AFL talent, and they will sell out down there, same with the NT boys up in Darwin. The biggest risk there is QLD V WA, but played in WA, it might generate some interest.

The Big V playing SA at the MCG would be great though, I think it it imperative that this is the number 1 match of any S.O.O Weekend.

I will not support any S.O.O that excludes Tasmania and merges them with anyone. It is a disgrace that a true AFL state like Tassie was ever forced to do that.

we dont have a team worth fielding anymore
    Theres not much left to say

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    we dont have a team worth fielding anymore
    We have a team to field, and that is enough. I think Tasmania has enough pride in Aussie Rules to have a go no matter what we put on the park.

I really hope it never comes back.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I really hope it never comes back.
    I would love nothing more than to see you cry into your pot as NSW wipes the smile off your smug Victorian mug you big girly man!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I would love nothing more than to see you cry into your pot as NSW wipes the smile off your smug Victorian mug you big girly man!
    Maybe I would like it to return then just to send you home sooking to your mummy because you're scared of the big nasty Mexicans!

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    I got the wrong thread. I was distracted by children and just clicked on the stella.
    Artois!! So you were drunk!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Artois!! So you were drunk!
    Yep. Tuesday night is a big one here in Canberra!

Blog Entries
    BTW - I think SoO would suck.

We have a team to field, and that is enough. I think Tasmania has enough pride in Aussie Rules to have a go no matter what we put on the park.
    the team would get flogged, look at the devils.
    Theres not much left to say

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Think that was the Victoria 2 team, similiar to what Tasmania beat in the early 90's.
    Half right.
    Tasmania did beat the Victorian 2nds, but that was three weeks after NSW knocked off their first team.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006065,00.html

Swans co-skipper Leo Barry, who supports the idea of Origin football returning to AFL, still relishes the night when he tuned in at home in Deniliquin as a 13-year-old to watch NSW beat Victoria 13.8 (86) to 10.16 (76) on a wet SCG on May 22, 1990.
    "The way NSW was able to get over Victoria was a definite highlight,'' Barry said. Current Swans assistant coach John Longmire, who was a promising 19-year-old forward at the Kangaroos, starred for NSW, kicking eight goals to sink a Big V team boasting the likes of Tony Lockett, Jason Dunstall, Dermott Brereton, Tim Watson, Garry Lyon and Ross Lyon.
    Leo, I was 10 and was watching about 1 1/2 hours drive from Deniliquin. I relish it just as much.
    Especially seeing that Victoria hasn't been game to play us since (in case lightning struck twice) and we must still hold whatever trophy was won that night.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Burgan picks his SOO teams.

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/Ne...x?newsId=44779

Malceski in the Vic team, that's a big wrap! And I can't imagine the beatings the ACT team would take, especially from the big 3.

Unlucky B2, if they play SoO next season he might be the only AFL player on the side (given Hirdy retires and Hamill is out injured). I don't even think that team could even beat our reserves.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast