Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: state of origin

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Indeed, seeing NSW players with QLD players when QLD are seen as the enemy to most in NSW (through the RL SOO) just doesn't sit well.
    Of course those in Vic are to worried about the mighty big V being beaten at there own game, by a bunch of inter staters from NSW.
    I've never heard ANYTHING remotely so funny . But if that's what you'd like to see then bring it on. Should be a good contest /snigger

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Half right.
    Tasmania did beat the Victorian 2nds, but that was three weeks after NSW knocked off their first team.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006065,00.html

Leo, I was 10 and was watching about 1 1/2 hours drive from Deniliquin. I relish it just as much.
    Especially seeing that Victoria hasn't been game to play us since (in case lightning struck twice) and we must still hold whatever trophy was won that night.
    Interesting, I never knew the Vic side was that strong that night. Very impressive.

Although, the NSW side that year had a ridiculous qualification rule for 1990 - if you had played for Sydney, you were eligible for NSW! No matter what state you originated for.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Interesting, I never knew the Vic side was that strong that night. Very impressive.

Although, the NSW side that year had a ridiculous qualification rule for 1990 - if you had played for Sydney, you were eligible for NSW! No matter what state you originated for.
    Yeah...I was barracking for Sydney, sorry, NSW that night.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Hardly a huge leg-up, Sydney were at the arse end of the competition in that era.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Hardly a huge leg-up, Sydney were at the arse end of the competition in that era.
    1990 was our first proper 'slide' year after finshing 4,4,7,7 the previous four years, we still had a bit of talent on paper, but it really depends on who played for NSW under that rule (which I have no idea of). The rule also allowed anyone who played for the Swans previously also.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Fantastic work by Matt Burgan, that has got to have taken a fair bit of studying.
    That NSW team obviously isn't the strongest of them all, but it is certainly a good one that could never be underestimated.
    You hear me Mexico?

I believe the four Daniher brothers all played for NSW in 1990 - before they even played together for Essendon later that year.
    Horse of course was the star with eight goals.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Origin always fails because it's real nothing game played for no real reason. If the AFL were smart, it would play it as part of the finals series (or at least in part)....

They need to play it in a round robin format. Ideally split round and the end of the finals series. Say prelim final weekend.

Split weekend

Game 1
    Team 1 Vs team 3

Game 2
    Team 2 Vs Team 4

Finals series

Winner G1 Vs Winner G2 to determine overall winner

That way you could have an additional two games over the split weekend - More money/revenue. Same for prelim final weekend. Three games instead of two.

Yes there will be teams that may be playing that make their players ineligible, but they do that anyway. Better to have 12 teams to select from than none!

As for teams

Vic
    SA
    WA
    Allies... Nsw, Qld, ACT, NT

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    For the last time. No @@@@ing Allies.
    If they want true Origin, it doesn't involve a hotch potch team that means nothing. I don't care if we get well beaten, as long as we're beaten wearing a jumper that means something.
    I'd nearly have to start supporting Victoria if they bring back the Allies.

GO THE SKY BLUES - nothing else.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    For the last time. No @@@@ing Allies.
    If they want true Origin, it doesn't involve a hotch potch team that means nothing. I don't care if we get well beaten, as long as we're beaten wearing a jumper that means something.
    I'd nearly have to start supporting Victoria if they bring back the Allies.

GO THE SKY BLUES - nothing else.
    OK then.....

You provide a list of 22 NSW players that has a hope against the likes of a squad from either Vic/SA/WA... And I'll convert to your line of thinking and champion your cause....

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    OK then.....

You provide a list of 22 NSW players that has a hope against the likes of a squad from either Vic/SA/WA... And I'll convert to your line of thinking and champion your cause....
    Look at Burgan's team. I think they would be more than competitive against the big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Look at Burgan's team. I think they would be more than competitive against the big 3.

Puhlease......

Look, It's not a bad team, on paper. But let's be honest. 33 players to chose form??

Of the starting 22 they include;

Mathews
    LRT
    J McVeigh
    R Hall

And Bevan as an emergency.

If you hang around here long enough, some would suggest that this lot shouldn't even be playing for Sydney let alone representing NSW!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm not saying they would win, but they wouldn't be disgraced either. If only we could include ACT and snag B2 as well

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast