Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: if we cant beat hawthorn

Yet another wake-up call match...?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Yet another wake-up call match...?
    They must keep hitting the snooze button...

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    We were 5 wins and 5 losses after round 10 in 2005 and that turned out to be a great year!!! I think last night's crowd reaction an d1 point loss to Essendon is our turnaround.
    Smells more like vs Richmond circa 2004 to me....
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    umpires can be crap, but i can honestly say i have never seen a game they actually changed the result of. If your good enough you will win.

I started the thread because i believe if we lose to hawthorn we cannot win the premiership. I felt after we lost to the saints we had to win 3/4 minimum. If we lose to the hawks and have the week off we will be 5-6 facing an in form collingwood who are more than capable of beating us
    You obviously didn't watch Saturday night. It was a 1 point loss after a goal that shouldn't have been a goal. I have been to plenty of games (not just Swans) that have been decided by the blow of the umpires whistle. It unfortunately is a growing reality, to deny it is sticking your head in the sand.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    You obviously didn't watch Saturday night. It was a 1 point loss after a goal that shouldn't have been a goal. I have been to plenty of games (not just Swans) that have been decided by the blow of the umpires whistle. It unfortunately is a growing reality, to deny it is sticking your head in the sand.

yeh but the team should of been in front and it wouldnt matter. Yes there are terrible decisions and you can say they shouldnt of got this goal or that. But the fact is we had too many players make mistakes and play poorly.
    Theres not much left to say

You obviously didn't watch Saturday night. It was a 1 point loss after a goal that shouldn't have been a goal.
    It was a 1 point loss to a side we should have been 5 or more goals in front of!

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

yeh but the team should of been in front and it wouldnt matter. Yes there are terrible decisions and you can say they shouldnt of got this goal or that. But the fact is we had too many players make mistakes and play poorly.
    You didn't respond to the rest of my comment. Many games apart from Saturday night have been decided by the blow of the umpires decision. To deny that is just stupid.

It was a 1 point loss to a side we should have been 5 or more goals in front of!
    That's a little off topic as I was only commenting on the umpiring.

You didn't respond to the rest of my comment. Many games apart from Saturday night have been decided by the blow of the umpires decision. To deny that is just stupid.

Sorry was pretending to work when i replied.

Which game has been decided purely because the umpires stuffed up?? and not because the team didnt play well enough. My arguement is the umpriring generally levels itself out and if your the better team you will win anyway.
    Theres not much left to say

That's a little off topic as I was only commenting on the umpiring.
    SR100's point was that we lost the game because of the way we played not purely because of the umpiring.

I really hope the players aren't thinking like many of the people here or we are in trouble!

BTW - you really are overusing

SR100's point was that we lost the game because of the way we played not purely because of the umpiring.

I really hope the players aren't thinking like many of the people here or we are in trouble!

BTW - you really are overusing
    I don't know what you mean.

I'm not disputing that we played crap, but in the context of the match that decision cost us the match. If we had lost by more than 5 points it wouldn't be an issue, but the fact is we didn't so it is.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Sorry was pretending to work when i replied.

Which game has been decided purely because the umpires stuffed up?? and not because the team didnt play well enough. My arguement is the umpriring generally levels itself out and if your the better team you will win anyway.
    2005 QF vs West Coast?

Two howlers decided that game.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast