Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tipping

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Premier League Top 10

Only Livy and maybe Hudson in the senior team and Fitzgerald and Murphy in the development team.
    Considering the selectors would have watched a majority of games and players before picking their teams, does this suggest that only Michael Hosking is fair dinkum with his selections of best players?
    Brackets is where I have them ranked.
    As a former coach and knowing our current coach the best players in the paper are not generally the best players on the day. The coach or team manager gets asked what he thinks were the best players immediately after the game and has to pick his best 6 on the spot. Sometimes those named could have had a good last quarter and are still fresh in the coaches mind. Sometimes a couple of young guys can be named to give them some encouragement. Other times the coach may not want to name who he thought was best to throw off the coach of the team for the upcoming game. And also they are named without much review of the game or without having time to look at the stats if they are taken. Sometimes a player may be named as best for doing a particular job that day yet in the spectators eyes it may have seemed the player didnt do much at all. All in all the best players named are not always the best players on the day.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    This is the only competition I've been involved in that the coaches or footy managers give the best players.
    It is usually a timekeeper's job as he/she has the best view and has more time to look at that sort of thing.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    I really think the Sydney Boys will push canberra but just fall short. Canberra by 13 points.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    canberra by 67 points wet or dry..
    Is this just you being bitter Rooster?

I'll say Sydney in an upset.

On the Rookie List
    Surely the Rooster is not being bitter. Surely the Rooster of all people will understand that Sydney must obviously be fielding an incredibly strong side if Troy Parker is unable to get a game. I just think The Rooster must simply be appreciative of the level of football in Canberra with his tips.

I think Sydney in an upset. I said it before, but Canberra are not taking us serious and are only fielding their 2nd tier side. Angus Darling for BOG also.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Heart_Kefalas View Post
    Surely the Rooster is not being bitter. Surely the Rooster of all people will understand that Sydney must obviously be fielding an incredibly strong side if Troy Parker is unable to get a game. I just think The Rooster must simply be appreciative of the level of football in Canberra with his tips.
    I'm sure he isn't. I've heard that he's taking advantage of the bye and the long weekend to get completely away from footy by taking Kanga Coach away to the Blue Mountains. I believe that they plan on spending the days antiquing, searching for that perfect little mahogony side-table for the bedroom and the nights cuddled up in front of the fire watching Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks classics. I also believe that their 2 miniature shi-tzus, Schnookums and Winki-poo, are making the trip up the mountain with them.

unlucky not to get in the side rooster,you are always in the best players!! i would think that hall from balmain would be unlucky to as he is in the best players every week!! i reckon that the act will win by 3 goals in a wet and crap game of footy. anyone going to go down to the lovely act to watch?

So if Dugmore has made himself unavailable surely they would pick the next best full forward in Eurell from Wests.

I guess selectors are not getting to enough Wests games to know

I've got to be loyal to Sydney and seeing they are going up Saturday afternoon I would guess the ACT side may not want to go near them
    Oh crikey!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOY View Post
    unlucky not to get in the side rooster,you are always in the best players!! i would think that hall from balmain would be unlucky to as he is in the best players every week!! i reckon that the act will win by 3 goals in a wet and crap game of footy. anyone going to go down to the lovely act to watch?
    Myself and Johnno74 will be there in the commentary box with six layers of clothing on, so you can catch all the action next Wednesday night at 8.30pm on Aurora 183.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Suspended by the MRP
    IHK,
    As you said most SAFL footballers have high possessions through not being tagged or made to be accountable for a direct opponent. ACT play a style of football which is completly different to this. Duggie is a stand out in this comp and has placed winning a Gf more important. You also have a great FF to which you can build a game plan around why is the great $850/game sandshoe giant picked, how will he handle the wet in runners!!!!
    Still don't understand why the great flange eating general wasn't picked. I thought senior rep teams are picked from players who are in form!

Suspended by the MRP

The HEN has made himself available & is travelling to the ACT

HEN, geez your stiff missing out (Yeah right)Catching the bus down with the team are we?? God your a s**k
    Canberra would win by 64 if you were playing & 14 if your not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    canberra by 67 points wet or dry..

Suspended by the MRP
    Can't wait for the quality production from the hot dog eating king & the great Jonno on 183?????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast