Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tipping

Suspended by the MRP

Wink

Well done HEN another one of your faithful??

Bring on Blue Velvet for the both of them.

Did the boy boy get excited when you got slapped???

Quote Originally Posted by BOY View Post
    unlucky not to get in the side rooster,you are always in the best players!! i would think that hall from balmain would be unlucky to as he is in the best players every week!! i reckon that the act will win by 3 goals in a wet and crap game of footy. anyone going to go down to the lovely act to watch?

Suspended by the MRP
    Something you would have never done!(Sometimes a couple of young guys can be named to give them some encouragement)

Quote Originally Posted by troy34 View Post
    As a former coach and knowing our current coach the best players in the paper are not generally the best players on the day. The coach or team manager gets asked what he thinks were the best players immediately after the game and has to pick his best 6 on the spot. Sometimes those named could have had a good last quarter and are still fresh in the coaches mind. Sometimes a couple of young guys can be named to give them some encouragement. Other times the coach may not want to name who he thought was best to throw off the coach of the team for the upcoming game. And also they are named without much review of the game or without having time to look at the stats if they are taken. Sometimes a player may be named as best for doing a particular job that day yet in the spectators eyes it may have seemed the player didnt do much at all. All in all the best players named are not always the best players on the day.

Suspended by the MRP

Talking

God damn you Monty. Leave the animals out of it.

You also left out that KC really likes the HEN in the tracking system.
    He has & blue & pink one for him. Not to mention the the tracking system also>

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Burns2 View Post
    I'm sure he isn't. I've heard that he's taking advantage of the bye and the long weekend to get completely away from footy by taking Kanga Coach away to the Blue Mountains. I believe that they plan on spending the days antiquing, searching for that perfect little mahogony side-table for the bedroom and the nights cuddled up in front of the fire watching Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks classics. I also believe that their 2 miniature shi-tzus, Schnookums and Winki-poo, are making the trip up the mountain with them.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Myself and Johnno74 will be there in the commentary box with six layers of clothing on, so you can catch all the action next Wednesday night at 8.30pm on Aurora 183.
    Love your work BeeEmmAre & Johnno74.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Burns2 View Post
    I'm sure he isn't. I've heard that he's taking advantage of the bye and the long weekend to get completely away from footy by taking Kanga Coach away to the Blue Mountains. I believe that they plan on spending the days antiquing, searching for that perfect little mahogony side-table for the bedroom and the nights cuddled up in front of the fire watching Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks classics. I also believe that their 2 miniature shi-tzus, Schnookums and Winki-poo, are making the trip up the mountain with them.
    Stop trying to live your fantasies through me Monty....I did notice a bit of chemistry between you and the rooster a few weeks ago.....either that or you have a twisted imagination....or......know the scenario well?

It's ok mate, you do spend a fair bit of time on that side of town.
    On The Trail

Almost Football Legend
    I'll be making the trip down, subject to the answer to this question:

Considering Manuka is an AFL-standard surface, the ACT government isn't as gung-ho about closing grounds as Sydney councils are and that, being inland there wouldn't have been as much rain as on the coast - Would it be safe to assume the game is still on?

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    Can't wait for the quality production from the hot dog eating king & the great Jonno on 183?????
    Thanks for the compliment, I'll do my best to ensure it reaches your high standards. That is, unless I get distracted by that bloody buffet again.......
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by shearer View Post
    As there are no games this week, how about we pick the margin by how much Canberra will beat our blokes by.

i say 88.
    Dont underestimate the continual improvement, development & strength of the Sydney Football League. About 10 years ago the SFL had not beaten the Riverina Football League for 14 years. It then happened due to a committed player & coaching group & since then, the SFL Representative performance has been dominant.

Now they are challenging the Canberra Football League which is well respected in Australia as a premier competition. Today the SFL earned respect. In the future I forecast the SFL will dominate.
    Last edited by burley; 10th June 2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo

Optimism

Dont underestimate the continual improvement, development & strength of the Sydney Football League. About 10 years ago the SFL had not beaten the Riverina Football League for 14 years. It then happened due to a committed player & coaching group & since then, the SFL Representative performance has been dominant.

Now they are challenging the Canberra Football League which is well respected in Australia as a premier competition. Today the SFL earned respect. In the future I forecast the SFL will dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by shearer View Post
    As there are no games this week, how about we pick the margin by how much Canberra will beat our blokes by.

i say 88.
    Well Shearer, sorry to SPOIL your party but Drinky and the boys were very close to winning. Perhaps you should sign him up to be on the boat? He'll throw less tanties and he won't SPOIL your bank balance. Old "sausage arms" could then go and relax on the hill.
    Spoiler

Just a question Burley, did ACT field there strongest side?

Side Strenght

Shearer,

Not really an approirate question as I could also pose did the SFL field their strongest side?

Games like this if treated with the appropraite respect have quality players right across the park & it then comes down to commitment, pride & coaching. (This is of course if the Leagues are comparitive in level such as the CFL & SFL)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast