Thread: Collingwood - Matters to Address on Sat Night

On the Rookie List

Collingwood - Matters to Address on Sat Night

The Pies are well down on experienced defenders and maybe even defensive rebound, however they still have a lot of big name players to lock down.

Didak (always dangerous and tends to lift against Sydney, who is quick enough? Dashing Dempster?)

Rocca (patchy form but got a feeling his career is on the line, should lift, Leo, Craig or Lewie?)

Cloke (young, inaccurate but is fast and has some superstar qualities and needs to be looked after, my guess is Craig will get this assignment)

Fraser (if he goes forward and the Maggies get it in quick, looms as a danger and sadly has to be played from behind with our small back line. Would like to see a loose man down back if Josh goes forward.)

Collingwood play Telstra Stadium well...BUT...

Where will Sydney win the contest? If the Dees game is a good indicator, then it's work rate at stoppages (Spida and Jolls surely MUST dominate) and FAST entries into F50. Collingwood need to flood to cover for their defensive deficiencies and if we give them time, they will and the game will be a nightmare for spectators and the good name of Aussie Rules

If the game is a mud fest, then it will be about hunting the ball to goal in pack form, creating ANY opportunities in F50.

If there is rain and wind, 6 goals could win the match.

Any other thoughts? Lockyer, Licuria and Thomas - will they rove our taps to victory?
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Given 1) the recipe to beating the Swans this year has been the uber-flood and 2) Collingwood are without most of their first choice defenders, I would expect the Pies to push a lot of numbers back. Clearly our best chance is to get it forward quickly - we've struggled to do it cleanly most of this season so far, so this will be a good test.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veterans List
    Our biggest danger is rain and there is plenty headed the way of Ol' Sydney Town.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Our biggest danger is rain and there is plenty headed the way of Ol' Sydney Town.
    Headed? Headed???

It arrived almost three weeks ago and hasn't let up since. Even if the next three days were beautiful sunshine (which they won't be), so much water has fallen this month that the pitch stands almost no chance. It is goin' to be one ugly game this Satdee night.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    Collingwood need to flood to cover for their defensive deficiencies and if we give them time, they will and the game will be a nightmare for spectators and the good name of Aussie Rules
    The real reason for the Gloria Jean's near the Novotel outside Telstra Stadium perhaps (apart from Hillsong taking over the world, of course ) - to keep us all awake during a typical Sydney "snooze-fest"!

It will be a nice, but very cold evening. No rain.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    It will be a nice, but very cold evening. No rain.
    Ah you'll be right - plenty of hot air from the Pies' fans to keep you warm!

Quote Originally Posted by swansrock4eva View Post
    Ah you'll be right - plenty of hot air from the Pies' fans to keep you warm!
    Hope you enjoy the game on TV Gemma!

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    I shall! Find me a good pub, nice and warm with some mates and hopefully no collingwood supporters to contend with!

Quote Originally Posted by swansrock4eva View Post
    I shall! Find me a good pub, nice and warm with some mates and hopefully no collingwood supporters to contend with!
    Is there such a place? That's the problem with the wobblers, doesn't matter where you go, there is always a bloody, loudmouthed wobbler fan ready to let roll on how damn marvellous their team is!