Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changes aplenty needed

Regular in the Side

changes aplenty needed

Tonight was an example that we need to make a number of tough decisions.
    Grundy is not up to it,Matthews and McVeigh struggled again, Leo is just about finished, he's trying to be a ballet dancer and weave all the time. Even though Goodes tried his confidence is still way down as is Barry Halls'. Maube its time to bite the bullet and give some of the better players in the magoos a taste of it, I think we should just about look to next season. If C'wood do that to us what will the Cats do at Skiiled Stadium. [I] dont hink they are listening to Roosey yoy can see that his quarter time face showed his frustrations. The number of clanges is not reducing. I didnt think Tadgh meant so much to them. I'm getting sick of blueing with my wife and daughter who seem to be willing to blame everybody except the players.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Tonight was an example that we need to make a number of tough decisions.
    Grundy is not up to it,Matthews and McVeigh struggled again, Leo is just about finished, he's trying to be a ballet dancer and weave all the time. Even though Goodes tried his confidence is still way down as is Barry Halls'. Maube its time to bite the bullet and give some of the better players in the magoos a taste of it, I think we should just about look to next season. If C'wood do that to us what will the Cats do at Skiiled Stadium. [I] dont hink they are listening to Roosey yoy can see that his quarter time face showed his frustrations. The number of clanges is not reducing. I didnt think Tadhg meant so much to them. I'm getting sick of blueing with my wife and daughter who seem to be willing to blame everybody except the players.
    Why drop the better players when it is clearly the midfield that is getting flogged each week. We dont have enough cleaned skilled running players to get the footy in quickly to our forwards. Drop the soft midfield players.

I'm with Nico on this. The delivery out of the middle isn't there regardless of how poorly our key forward is marking. Also, our slow starts result from being fundamentally and physically overmatched by just about all our opponents this year. When the opposition is fresh, they kill us - frustrating our slow-witted attack and seemingly clearing the ball to their F50 with ease . The match tends to even out as fatigue sets in but that's a lottery we're now losing more often than not.

Senior Player
    I agree with Nico too. Bring in some young, eager fresh blood. The worse that can happen is that they are too clumsy and give away a free or too or their skills are not up to it but then our current player's skills are pretty woeful. Bring in 2 or 3 that are used to playing wiith each other and that are hungry to get out of the twos. What if they get reported and maybe suspended for a clumsy indiscretion I bet if you asked any of them they would give their right hand to have a game in the Seniors rather than winning by 200 points every week in the twos.

I don't think the ax is going to fall on any of the current players until after the game with the Cats. If they manage to trash us completely, Roos will have no choice but make very serious changes to at least start looking into the future.

hard ball getter
    In: Lrt, Davis
    Out: Bevan, Grundy

Senior Player
    Grundy - much miuch too slow for a leading forward just not up to it. Why not bring in Philips to be at O'loughlin's/Hall's feet?

hard ball getter
    i think philips has been tried numerous times without success, we need to recruit a small indigenous player ie davey,

sadly agree with tawfic those will be only changes, and knowing our inconsistent team we will beat the cats , put in an ok perf against blues and dockers then its wce and on our form at monent help us except it will probably be another close one, then we ll all be happy........but after that its richmond and we ll probably lose and this will start again who is in , who should be dropped and so on. all i really see is a window closing and we need to blood new players as the way i see it in 2 yrs we will have a list as ordinary as 2000 , but by then roosy will be gone.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    If the side was picked on form, only a couple of players would be escaping the axe.
    Sadly not the depth in the Magoos, so unless LRT is fit can't see many (if any changes) for the slaughter at Kardinia
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Out: Buchanen.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Personally thinking Leo must be on thin ice as well, got well beaten by a out of sorts (before tonight) Rocca
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast