Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How Slow Is Mcveigh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Macca still avoids the contest but has played some seriously good footy during the last few years as well. Its hard to judge his worth as a captain but the players seem to respond well to him.
    Certainly not saying your wrong but I haven't noticed this. (with my eyesight that isn't a shock)

I'll have to watch Macca a bit more closely.

I had misgivings about him as a captain but the 2 captain model seems to work for him.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Al I have noticed on certain occasions that he doesn't seem to like body on body or meeting oncoming traffic. But I believe this to be more a judgement thing and also to do with having a light frame. Some players are not meant to be Daniel Hannaberry, Luke Parker, Jude Bolton etc they just aren't built that way. Some players are the type that will go anywhere at the risk of their lives and other players aren't. I don't deny that I would love to see Macca make more of a contest on occasions when the body needs to be met but it isn't in his skill basket. Every time I have seen him go in for any of that type of contact he is awkward, in danger of extinction and gives away frees. He is an outside mid and he plays that game well. I love his delivery, skills and he always does something exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Al I have noticed on certain occasions that he doesn't seem to like body on body or meeting oncoming traffic. But I believe this to be more a judgement thing and also to do with having a light frame. Some players are not meant to be Daniel Hannaberry, Luke Parker, Jude Bolton etc they just aren't built that way. Some players are the type that will go anywhere at the risk of their lives and other players aren't. I don't deny that I would love to see Macca make more of a contest on occasions when the body needs to be met but it isn't in his skill basket. Every time I have seen him go in for any of that type of contact he is awkward, in danger of extinction and gives away frees. He is an outside mid and he plays that game well. I love his delivery, skills and he always does something exceptional.
    Very well summed up Wolfy.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I'm a fan and have been for a long time now. I do think he could be better though. He's got all the attributes to be a star and I don't think you could put him in that category.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Yeah I agree, after that stand out year in 2008 (I think ) where he was getting touches and kicking goals consistently I thought he had made the step up to elite. He seems to have dropped back down since then to just a good footballer, but not a game breaker. He hasn't dominated a game in a long time. I'd like to see him kick more goals. We know he's capable of it.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Geez, talk about some blasts from the past, NMWBloods, wow!
    What's next a thread from Footyhead?
    Actually when I opened this thread I failed to notice the date on the entries, I was just thinking "God, look at all this horrendous negativity. It's as bad as when I left RWO 5 years ago." Then I looked at the date and noticed it was 5 years ago. LOL
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Actually when I opened this thread I failed to notice the date on the entries, I was just thinking "God, look at all this horrendous negativity. It's as bad as when I left RWO 5 years ago." Then I looked at the date and noticed it was 5 years ago. LOL
    Yeah, that's obviously from when this site USED to be negative.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Different perspectives, different points of view.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    My thoughts exactly.We must be travelling well for this old chesnut to be revived.Mind you after 8 days on Paradise island (No I will not tell you where!) I am so mellow I am starting to think Everitt is a good player too.

Roos said during the Freo game that McVeigh is the side's best decision-maker.

He does use the ball really well.

I don't get nervous with the ball in his hands as I do for AJ (the last couple of weeks), Reg (occasionally) and McGlynn (always).
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I'm a fan and have been for a long time now. ....
    Me too, I don't think I have changed my avatar comment for at least 5 years. Then again, one of the reasons I originally did it was to help offset all of the Macca haters, but I did believe he had the potential to be very good.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I think, by and large, that Macca is quality. His problem is that he doesn't get the ball enough. Often goes missing for half a game.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast