Thread: RSS: Roos takes positive view of loss

Blog Entries

Post RSS: Roos takes positive view of loss

The Swans coach insists his side is still in the finals' mix

More...

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

First Roos quote of the article: "I was really happy after the game...."

Does anybody know his supplier? Anybody with @@@@ that good must be internationally renowned.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Strange,happy after a loss when an injury depleted team beat us.Me no understand.

Regular in the Side
    At least it is a variation from his excuses!
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

positive on roosy , he delivered us a premiership within the 3 yr plan her set out. but that was 2 seasons ago, now that our expectations are up and we dont like to accept mediocrity its time for re invention which to date we havent seen. the reason sheedy and malthouse and matthews are good coaches and will always be known as good coaches is because they make the hard calls and bring about change.
    please roosy stop the spin doctoring before you start sounding like wallace.
    your statements to the press are becoming less and less believable.
    we are not stupid and we see the rubbish that is being played make the hard calls already.......i ll help you Mathews to early retirement, McVeigh out, bring some pace into the midfield, teach our players how to find a target and find a new game plan that isnt 3 yrs old now.......do you think all the coaches are dumb, we been worked out ages ago. and while you at it banish some other passengers to the 2's. i keep seeing carlton 2002 when after some very ok years they hit a real rock bottom. and it does take 3 years to rebuild a list so start making calls now and spare us a lot of agony, or make the agony bearable.

the game evolves every year, and we havent evolved. or so it seems. and seriously, i hate baggin our own players but how many abletts were playing for the cats?
    because i could have sworn that luke was on geelong's side. couldnt hit a target, run down at least twice and some clangers that a reserve grader would be ashamed of. every time he touched the ball, save for the goal in the last quarter, he found a way to screw it up.
    please boys, play like the team you're supposed to be. i dont even have that much of a beef with the game plan, just the damn execution!

Senior Player
    I think yesterday our endeavor should not be questioned. I suggest that is probably what Roos was interested in. I thought our endeavor towards the ball, and our chasing was very good. We matched Geelong in disposals and beat them in inside 50s. It was just out execution was poor.

I would rather our execution was poor (which can and will improve) than our endeavor on the field.

I'm totally speechless to be honest. I have absolutely no understanding of where our team is going, but I'm definitely loosing my patience and interest in our games until our coaching stuff addresses our poor performance accordingly. Present excuses from the coaching stuff are no longer accepted.

Well he couldn't blame Barry Hall for the loss - or Schneider - so he thought that he would take the "lets look at the positives" route. To be honest - its all becoming tiresome. Roos has a habit of having alot to say about someone or something else to take the attention away from the fact that he just doesnt have a "plan B" - time to put your thinking cap on Roosy - you are supposed to be the ideas man - so time to come up with some new ideas - I'm sure the players would gladly try and execute those ideas, they couldnt be happy with the game plan as it is now.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by attentionseeker View Post
    the game evolves every year, and we havent evolved. or so it seems. and seriously, i hate baggin our own players but how many abletts were playing for the cats?
    because i could have sworn that luke was on geelong's side. couldnt hit a target, run down at least twice and some clangers that a reserve grader would be ashamed of. every time he touched the ball, save for the goal in the last quarter, he found a way to screw it up.
    please boys, play like the team you're supposed to be. i dont even have that much of a beef with the game plan, just the damn execution!
    Good to see someone else on this site who watches what players do with the footy and doesn't blindly follow player loyalty with comments such as "well he is hard at it and his man didn't play that well".

Luke Ablett's kick to Cousins in the 2005 GF has faded away because we won, if we had lost it would have been badged as one of the great clangers up there with Gubby Allen at the Western Oval some years ago. Problem with Ablett is he hasn't learned from it. He does at least one of those clangers every week, thank goodness they haven't been in front of goal. He must pair up with Mathews at training.

Kicking two goals in a first half of football two weeks in a row is a disgraceful effort not worthy of a team that aspires to reach the top 4. What exactly is there to be pleased about?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk