Thread: Away games vs Brisbane August 18

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Away games vs Brisbane August 18

Hey gang,
    Am planning a trip to sub-tropical Bananaland for the Lions game. From all the Cheer Squad people in both Sydney & Melbourne I appear to be the only one heading up to get behind the boys at an important time.

Anyone else thinking of heading up? If so do you reckon you could help out by joining us behind the goals for a night, grabbing a flag & getting into it? We are going to be VERY light-on for the banner as well, so again all hands on deck will be needed to both pole the baby & get it up on the field.

If anyone is going up & is keen on doing one of the amusement parks on the Sunday, we could make a fun weekend of it.

As per usual the place to gather pre & post game is the Pineapple Hotel. The place has been known to go off completely after Swans wins in the past.

JF
    Last edited by JF_Bay22_SCG; 2nd July 2007 at 08:18 PM.
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

NB; Only gentle polers need apply

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Layby View Post
    NB; Only gentle polers need apply

Oh no Layby. We need it rough & ready, like we had to on Saturday in the wind & rain at the Cattery. Need big strong people to grab the pole, as the rope people get her up.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Blog Entries
    Away games vs Brisbane August 18
    How many banners are you taking?

Pineapple Hotel, 9th April 2005. What a night; Kirky's 100th and the Swans came back from the dead. There were some sore heads the morning after.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...castle0009.jpg
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Depending on finances, could be up in Brisvegas.

Wouldn't you know it, the week Parramatta are in Melbourne the Swans are in Brisbane arrghhh
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

On the Rookie List
    My family are going up for the game and my 15yo son would love to help with the banner. Sadly 15yo can't go into the pineapple hotel - so how do we meet and how do we book tickets to sit with the cheer squad?

BTW he is currently on an AFL camp run by Ben Matthews (Troy Luff is the forwards coach) - he said it is great and they see the swans training and they look very upbeat.
    There is no spoon

My daughter and I are heading up and would love to help out. I need the same info as above as how to go about booking seats with the CS.